Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Quilts Of Valor Presentation Day

This morning we were able to sleep in a little bit today. Patrick took the day off to help me get dad to the QOV presentation. Of course, he had a stain on his shirt, but it won't real bad, so I don't think it showed too much.

They arrived at 10 am and we left about 10:10 am to Castle Rock, WA. We arrived a little early but the other gals weren't too far behind. I was thrilled to be able to wrap the quilts around the recipients. We had 4 people to present to. Dad and Patrick were 2 of them.


This was when e gave Patrick his quilt. Mom didn't get very good pictures. I was the one on the right and Judy was on the left. Judy made this quilt, and she also help with Dad's quilt. I need to get a photo of that quilt, now that I think about it. I'll take one when I see dad.


I wish I would have paid attention to the other 2's names. I know one was McGee but I'm not sure which one that was.


Dad and Patrick are in the middle of this shot. We had them presented at Papa Pete's in Castle Rock. It was really nice. Dad's quilt was done by a few friends and myself.

We ate pizza before we came back.

Got home and Patrick had a list of things he wanted to do. I wanted to work on my cross stitch. So, I actually spent the time to work on my stitching.


I got a lot more stitches in because the foot is done 1x1 where the rest of it is 2x2.


It's nice to see the foot coming along.


I finally figured out how to make the 1x1 stitches look smoother. The foot area don'ts look as good as the ankle area. But I'm not taking it out. I figured out that fI do the stitches like the others, it comes out more even. When I do one cross at a time then some look bigger or fatter than the others. So, I'm going to keep doing it the way I was doing it. It's not looking too bad.

I'm not liking the darkness of the "shadow" area of the skin. I wish I would have changed it before I worked on it, but I'll live with it for now.

I'm happy to say, things went great today. We had a good meeting today. I enjoyed giving the Veteran's their quilts. It's awesome! I'm going to get moving and do more eagles!

Life is good, May everyone have a great day and great life! Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...