Thursday, November 9, 2017

Enjoyed Quilting With Friends

This morning I was up early. I was goofing around till I needed to go see Cherrill. I stayed and chatted. I was going to stay home today but while walking over to her house, realized the group wouldn't meet again till December. So, decided I would go, if not to just say hi to everyone.

I got the hummingbird pattern that I had and took it to mom. She was asking about a hummingbird pattern for a baby quilt. She actually wanted to design one and I printed out some hummingbird photos yesterday but told her I had a pattern just like what she was talking about. So, I took it to her this morning. She will blow it up 50% because it's only 22" x 26" or there about.

Right when I was ready to leave, she asked how long I was going to be at the meeting. Told her I was only going for a couple hours. I didn't want to stay till later this afternoon. Really wasn't into it and wasn't sure if mom going would be a problem with me not doing much. As it turned out, I took her with. I actually worked on the QOV quilt top that one of the gals gave me to do the applique on.


I appliqued this bird down. I like the way this one came out. The other one, not so much. But then I don't have the same sides on all four places where she wanted them to be.


The one on the bottom, didn't have the sides that I could hide the "half eagle" on. So, it just looks a little funny to me. I may have to cut that > area on the bottom and curve it around. I'm going to think on that one. The third bird is pinned and ready to be appliqued down. I didn't have a problem with that.

While I was there, I chatted with Rita. She got the patterns in for the class!! I'm excited. I will be teaching beginning Brazilian Embroidery in February. We wanted to get the holidays over. So, she going to see who's interested in the class and then I'll teach it in February. I had another pattern for her to see. Actually I showed her 6 patterns and gave her the order form for pattern. One of them is Virginia Chapman's leaf patterns. It's an awesome beginner piece. We were talking about giving a class on that as well. There was a couple over classes that would work out, and I think Phyllis would do great on teaching the more advanced classes.

I also got one the our new quilters into doing a small BE piece. She started it while I was there and we went over what stitches were in it. We talked about the piece and noticed that the instructions were a little different from the photo. I told her I usually use the photo as a guide.

Mom and a good time while we were there. She took out almost as much as she put in. Don't know what she was thinking. She enjoyed chatting with a couple quilters she hadn't seen in awhile. Kathy W brought a quilt pattern in for mom, and was surprised to see I brought her. The good news is that mom got the pattern and I didn't have to take it to her. 😺

Took mom back home. I left there and was home by 2:10 pm. It was nice to be home! I'm looking forward to tomorrow - no where to go!! Ugh, just realized Patrick has the day off and I don't have to go to Cherrill's tomorrow.....what in the world is Patrick going to come up with?! I have a feeling, my resting day will not be a resting day, now that I look at it.....ugh!! Plus Sunday is double bowling day....HELP!!

Sitting here watching the Seahawks game. I can hope! Life is good, Life is fun, Life is unpredictable. I'm still staying Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...