Monday, March 12, 2018

A Day With Dad

This morning started out with Brazilian embroidery. We were working on the beads that go with the lanyard that we are making for Seminar. We got about 75 of them done and I believe we need to do about 375. We seem to get carried away with what we want to do for the Seminar each year. It was good to be with them.

While I was there, my brother Patrick called. (Forgot to wish him a Happy Birthday!) Anyway, he was concerned about dad and wanted to make sure I was going up there today. Told him I was and would be leaving soon. Dropped off Donna's quilt blocks before heading up to Olympia.

Headed over to see dad. I stopped at KFC to get some popcorn chicken to see if he would like that. Got up there and he was just finishing eating. I gave him a couple of the popcorn chicken and then he wasn't hungry anymore. He was so happy to get that! The food they have for him looks okay but not as good he's used to. lol - So, I'm thinking we will be bring him up some food to get him to eat more protein. They aren't giving him enough. He did get up with help. He worked with the Physical Therapist. He was telling me he didn't think he would be getting out of there. I'm concerned when she starts talking like that. I'm telling him he will and the hard part is over. He's back was hurting. So, today I was hugging him a lot. Talked to Patrick (brother) about three times. He's stuck in Maine and won't be flying out for a couple days because of the cold weather coming in. He arrived there today and is in Boston. Poor guy. He talked to dad and that made him feel better.


I got 2 more flowers done while there. I didn't do much work on this. I wanted to pay more attention to dad then to what I'm doing.

Finally made it home at 6 pm and Patrick was 10 mins behind me. I'm so exhausted that I'm really not doing anything tonight. I'm about ready to go to bed! I'll be taking mom up there tomorrow around 10 am. 

We'll see what tomorrow brings - Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching?!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...