Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Good Day.....And Bowling Night

This morning I was up and at mom's by 10 am. Mom and I went to see dad. He's eyes were open and he knew we were there. It was nice to see him communicating with us. We rubbed his hands and feet. He's so swollen with the IV's that were in him. He's in need of getting his bladder to work more. They will take the respirator off tomorrow. It was a good day. One day at a time!

We came home and I left her place to go to Safeway. Got out of there and realized I had the key to the car. So, I took it back to her. Then I headed home. I got home at 3 pm. It was a long day. Part of the reason it took so long was that mom was talking with the Pastor that came to see her. AND a quilter that works here. So between both of them being there to help mom out, it was 2 hours of waiting on mom.  I finally had to tell her I wanted to see dad.

I worked a little on the cross stitch. I didn't get a lot done, but I did get some done.

We then went bowling. Fred and Denise were not there so, it was just the two of us. We actually won 1 1/2 games. I bowled pretty bad, but not bad enough to loose a point on my average. I bowled a 159, 143, 193. One of these days, I'll get my act together!

Here we go, another day, another hope, and things are looking up....but I'm not excepting it to be perfect. Dad will HOPEFULLY get better, but each day will tell. I'm living one day at a time with this. I can't get too far ahead. I'm not even planning for the day he leaves the hospital. I just can't think that far ahead.

Best wishes, and hoping all is Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...