Friday, March 9, 2018

I Am Not A Caregiver

I don't know how I end up being a caregiver at times, but I'm really not! I never have wanted to be a caregiver and I really can't deal with it. Yet, I seem to be called to be a caregiver at times. I really don't like it, and I really don't know how to get out of doing it. So, I tend to be one even though I really, really don't want to be. 

I went shopping before going to moms to take her up to Olympia to see dad. Now that he's in Rehab, we are closer to him and it doesn't take that long to get to him. He's looking good. Today we chatted with the Social Worker. She took the information, and then we went to see dad. He was so far out of it. He was so tired. Seemed to keep falling asleep while he talked to us. Mom called a little bit ago and thinks they may have him on pain killers or something else, which he doesn't take well and it knocks him out. We'll check on that tomorrow. 

After a 15 min visit with dad, we left. Mom wanted to go to Costco. So, I took her to Costco and didn't realize we had been in there for 2 hours. I realized that when we went to the gas station and waited. Mom asked what time it was and it was 2 pm. She had asked me what I had plans for the afternoon. At the rate, there were no plans because I wouldn't get home till 4 pm. She bought a kart full of stuff. I helped with loading and unloading the car. 

When I did finally get home, I cut the potatoes for fries. Then Patrick got home. Then it was dinner. I was on the computer for a little bit to do some genealogy. That seems to get away from me. I find more things and then I can't stop because one thing leads to another. I've been in contact with a relative of Patrick's and they have been helping me get the KOEPPLER family done. I believe our neighbor across the street in Pullman was a relative of his. We didn't know that at the time though. He had passed away while we were there. Nice guy. 

So, now it's late and I'm going to call it a night. Didn't get to do one thing I would have liked to, but when mom calls, she needs help. Guess that's caregiving when it's needed. 

Looking forward to being back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...