Monday, July 9, 2018

Hate Going To The Dentist .... And It's Not Over Yet!

This morning I was up early in case mom needed me to go get her and take her back home. She called to tell me they took care of her when she dropped the car off.

Then my nephew called to say they were picking up the car from moms. I couldn't be there so we were calling all over to have someone there to help her out.

I was then on my way to the dentist. I was getting my bridge taken out for a new one....That was the whole idea, but because that's not what happened. At least part of it was done, but the other part was not what I was imagining! They took my bridge off, and then said, "We need to show you something and then let's talk." Hate it when they do that!! As it turned out, my bridge was decaying. That area that was decaying, well, that tooth that was part of the bridge - was also decaying....so bad that it pretty much left me very little in the way of a tooth. I had the bridge 25 years, so I guess I can be happy for that much. They had the dentist across the hall come and look at my gums to see if I had the bone structure for implants. YES, IMPLANTS! I have to have one where the tooth was missing, and then one where that tooth - that's no longer a tooth - was holding the bridge. UGH UGH UGH! He said he can do it. They will do that next month because I have commitments at the fair in Thurston County. I will have the other tooth crowned. That's next week. I'm hating all this!! I just hate having to go through all this. BUT implants are better than having another bridge....that would be 4 teeth! I should have had an implant back when they put the bridge in, but I didn't. This way, I can just get it done and call it good!

So, I went to Walmart right afterwards. I wanted to get a bed for the cat. Then I called the Vet's and was told we could pick her up any time. Patrick said he would pick her up. I was going to, but just not feeling good because the jaw is really, really sore! So, I cleaned up, got her kitty litter set up, and also got a few more things ready for her. Sophie came in, looked around and then found a couple places to hide. She's under the couch right now. Hopefully by tomorrow she will feel more comfortable walking around. She did like under the bed as well, so got her out of there, shut the door and waited to see what she would do...under the couch.

I worked on my cross stitching.


Finished up the center of the circle.


I also got started on the right side to get more done. I like the way it's coming, but right now just not in the mood for much. I'm almost thinking I'll just too tired and really not in the mood to do more today. At least I got some done.

How was your day? - Better than mine I hope! Would love to hear about it. Trying to get in the mood to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...