Tuesday, April 16, 2019

It's Been A Nice "Day Alone" Day

This morning I was up and out walking with Sherry. We got in a good mile. She's walking more and I think it's actually helping her.

Came home and cleaned up. Swept the floor in the kitchen, vacuumed, dusted (what little I could), and picked up all my messes. I also got my QOV paperwork done from last night. It took me a good couple hours.

Then I went downstairs to work on my tops. I want to get a top done by Thursday so I can go up to Olympia, and get 2 things done at once.


I did add the side borders on this one. I will add the top ones later. I did get a few flying geese done. I was cutting those. Then I cut some 2 1/2" squares for the corner squares in the star blocks. I'm happy to say I have 3 blocks ready to put into stars. It's not my favorite thing to do. After about 2-3 hours I decided I was done. I didn't want to keep going. I just didn't find anything was going to keep me down there today. Just wasn't into it. I figure if I get down there in the morning I have a better chances of staying down there. When I go in the afternoon, I'm not all that interested in doing it.

I noticed my cross stitch colors are messed up. I don't know what I was doing. I have the floss next to the number and then I went and remarked the colors a different way. I need to figure out what the heck I am doing!! I will keep working on it.


In the meantime it's coming along. I had to redo the bottom left side.

Now it's time to work on a word chart for the snowman #2 and #3. I'll do that so Sandy can get a copy. She can't seem to read the true colors on her chart. I need to think about what I'm doing because the chart is a little complicated on trying to see what color goes where.

Okay, tomorrow I'm going to try and get downstairs in the morning so I can try to be in the mood. lol

At least I can (almost) say it was a day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...