Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Spent The Day With Mom - Attended A Funeral

Today Sherry and I went walking at 9:15 am. She was running late. Which actually put be a little late in getting to moms.

I picked up a couple teas at Starbucks. Then I headed over to moms. We visited for a little bit and then headed to the church - not far from moms. We were there early, so mom visited with the people who came to the funeral for Al. He would have loved to have seen all the people who came. They counted 90 people attending. It was awesome to see that many people, from all ages and backgrounds. His niece and nephew showed up. The niece looked like she was high, but  I wouldn't know. We then went out to the grave site. That was a private one.

When we got back is was 3 pm. We went to Subway to get "lunch" but it ended up being my lunch and dinner. Came home and got my bread in the oven. Then I got Patrick's food in the oven as well. I hadn't done bread in awhile, so it felt good to make bread again.

Since I've been home, I've been working on the family tree. I got off on another branch of the Taylor family. I was filling in some Ingram information and working with Findagrave. I wanted to get Al's memorial done with the photos I took at the funeral home. There were a couple of photos of him as a child and one with his two sons. I wanted to post those on his memorial.

So, now Sophie wants to play. I'm going to get caught up on my games and then call it a night. Mom wants me to help her box some of his stuff up tomorrow. Not sure if I want to, but I told her I can do an hour. I'm planning to work on my quilt top to get it up to Bill. Then I can enjoy the day with Sharon. At this rate it's going to be Friday and I don't want to do Friday, would rather do Thursday and take Friday off. Even though moms group meets Friday. Oh, well.

Not a day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...