Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Very Quiet Wednesday

Today I was up early. I went to help Cherrill and stayed to help her a little more with ancestry. We both do genealogy and I was showing her a few things on the website. She's finding more of her family now that I got her hooked up with ancestry.

I worked on laundry today. I still have a few more loads to do since I was lazy the last few days. I played on my tablet for awhile. Really didn't feel like doing much. I keep hoping Kitty will show up. I haven't quiet given up, and I know I should. I've been praying she will come back. I just need to call it as it is, she's gone.

This afternoon I worked on my cross stitch.

I finished up the 'J' for Joy. I need to go back to the lettering and put a white pearl cotton "x" in some spots. I also need to put the centers in the flowers of the hat on the left. I just realized they were missing. I will work on this some more tonight.

It was quiet and I pretty much stayed around the house. I didn't do much. I wish I could say I got a ton of stuff done, but I didn't. I am excited though! My scroll frames are on their way! I'll get those in a couple weeks, I'm sure. It's left Estonia. Can't wait to see them. I've got plans for them already! One of them will have the Hardanger piece so I can finish that one up or at least get caught up. 

One of them will have the HAED piece. And a third will have a new piece - my Maribela (sp) piece. I really do want to start that. I did send a message asking about my order I placed last month for hand dyed fabrics. I can't wait to see what that looks like. 

Yesterday I didn't do anything exciting. I was away from the house most of the day with Art at the casino. I did come home with about $20 more then I went with, so can't complain. 

Then we had bowling - it was "fun night." It was a tournament mostly.  The first game was 9-pin no tap, the second was 8-pin no tap, and the third was 7-pin no tap. I didn't do good for the first game, so I didn't rank among the gals. Denise who is our parent, bowled good and got 5th place. (6 places paid) 

Patrick and I bowled a 300 game on the last one. I bowled a 277 on the second game. Denise bowled a 300 in the second game and had a 260 the first game. Patrick actually got 5th place among the men. It was so funny!! He didn't get to 800 series, nor did any of the men. All he 6 winners on the womens side bowled 800 series. It was funny!

I did get some sad news today. 

IG shared the passing of Beverly Evanger. Those of us that are on flosstube all know her. She was the positive person in all our videos. Everyone of us would get a message from her after every post. She would encourage all of us to keep posting videos. I enjoyed chatting with her! She was a delight and if one went to all he flosstube videos they would find there was never a negative message from her. They were all positive and light hearted. RIP - Beverly! You will be missed. And I've only known you a very short time. 

Okay, I'm off to being Happy Stitching - Happy Quilting!

I Made Myself Keep Busy

Not that I planned to do that, but I did make myself keep busy getting things done. Not like I really need to keep busy, but I do need to ge...