Friday, June 2, 2017

Getting Back to My WIPs - More On The Cruise

Now that our cruise is over, I need to get back to my crafts. Tomorrow is quilting at moms, so I'll take a quilt that needs the binding done. I need to have it done for Tuesdays QOV meeting.

I realized after I posted the 4 WIPs on IG that I missed two of them. One was Brazilian embroidery related and the other was my hardanger.


I started to work on this and as I was working on it, I found another mistake! I have to redo the part that has the yellow pin in it. I had it going right in some areas, but in others it was not lining up. So, I'm going to have to take the part out.

Now back to my cruise.....

We went to the Mayan Ruins the first day we docked.


This was the first night on board the ship. A beautiful night that night.


We took the excursion to the Mayan ruins the first day. It was amazing! And we learned the truth behind the people. They were not what everyone thought - people with a lot of gold. They didn't have gold because the gold didn't "grow" in those areas. They had silver but not gold. Plus they believed the holes or tunnels were tunnels of their way to the underworld. They were good people who were killed by the Spaniards.


There are descendants of the Mayan people. It was believed they were destroyed along with all their works. They have found 3 books that were written by the Mayan people as well as descendants who have the crest on their backs as birth marks.


The tour guide we had told of the history of the Mayan people. He was a descendant and very proud of that fact. He has the birth mark on his back.


The city is on the shoreline. The water was awesome! I couldn't believe how beautiful the water was that day.


Each building has a story...each story has a start.


These buildings have been standing since 400 AD. They have had bad weather and they still stand. I believe they knew what to do when it comes to making a building last through time. The buildings that were damaged was done by the Spanish who raided the village.

If one loves history as much as I do, it's well worth going to see the Mayan ruins. I would do it again! There is so much to see.

May we all be busy with being Happy Stitching! - Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...