Friday, June 9, 2017

Counting Down To Seminar

Today started out busy and ended up more relaxed later on.

Kitty and I enjoyed some time before I went to help Cherrill. We had a good chat about families. She does ancestry as well. I need to get back to entering information on the family history. I have a ton that needs to be entered. I will stop my fees on ancestry for a while and try to enter more of my paper information. I really need to get moving on that again.

Sue stopped by and picked up the group quilt that I'm storing for them. It's a quilt we all did a block for - and actually that block is on my blog. I believe it's 2 or 3 years old. Not sure when we finished that. At least 2 years ago.


I forgot yesterday to add these quilts that Whalen Quilt Works got in yesterday! My mother has done both of these but she was looking for one more. I called and told her to go to the shop and pick them up. They are "white on white" quilts.


My mother quilted the first one for me. It's done with blue quilting thread. She does beautiful hand quilting and gets them done in no time. I was thinking that would be about the only way I would get back into quilting....hand quilting these would be so much fun! But I have enough that I need to finish that I'm not going to go there. I still have Katt's quilt basted and ready to start quilting....haven't started it yet. I need to get moving on it. Should be simple! Simple is easy! So....why haven't I started it yet?! UGH


While laundry was going on I worked on the stocking! I'm so happy wit the way it's looking. I think this picture is so close to the actual colors. The other photos seemed to come up short. I've had so much fun! This piece is soft and so much fun to work with. Using the technique of having the eye come back up from underneath without pulling it all through the back, has worked out great! I love how it works and I love who much quicker it is! I get more done faster. And it doesn't hurt the design on the top at all. My stitches are still the same and come out the same as they did when I pulled all the thread through the back. I can pay more attention to the thread on top then worry about them on the bottom. Works great for me. I can see why Vonna likes it. I can see how she gets things done faster as well.

My brain keeps telling me what I need to add to my suit case. Sandy will be here Sunday for my stuff. I need to get them ready. I'm going to take a folding chair with me. Need a better chair then what they have to sit on when we sit around and chat. I added my socks to the suit case. (Best ones where in the wash). I have a couple more things to do and then I'm good and ready. I did get my hardanger stuff in the mail today.

SO, I'm thinking of taking my hardanger project with me to get caught up. I have Tuesday to work on it, and I think it will be fun to work on when I get tired of the embroidery work. I needed something to change things up with. Will be fun to see how far I get.

In the meantime, let's keep being Happy Quilting - Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...