Monday, June 12, 2017

Day 1 At BDEIG Seminar

This morning I was saying goodbye to Patrick and waiting for Sandy and Jeannette to arrive. They had a couple things they needed to do before they came to get me, which was find. They arrived sometime after 10 am. We then headed down to Portland.

We are at Concordia University in Portland. We around around noon. We were given our keys to our rooms. I found out they are on the first level and I'm on the 2nd level. I'm actually rooming with Pat and her other group. There are 4 of us in an "apartment" that has individual rooms. So, I can close the door if I want. Sandy and Jeannette are in the same room. It's cheaper if one rooms with someone, then it is to room alone. I was asked to join the gals up here, but found out I was actually sharing a bathroom with Sandy and Jeannette if I would have said no. I kinda wish I did. So, I'm up here with people I don't know very well and they seem to have meetings in the "kitchen" area. So, I came back to my room while they decided on what they were going to do. Plus they don't stay up very late, and if I had been with Sandy and JT then I could have enjoyed some time chatting with them. Oh, well, I'm going to enjoy my time anyway! lol

They didn't have "registration" till 2 pm. So, we didn't get bags till then. It was funny though, because we arrived last year at 1:30 or so and they gave out most of the bags, so we didn't get much of a choice then.


This was the bag we received this year! I am amazed at how nice they are. It has the BDEIG on it.


We received a ton of goodies in the bag as well. I'll probably take them out to look out tomorrow while I have time to myself in the morning. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow morning, but Sandy has the afternoon off, so we'll do something.

I did sign up for another class. I decided to sign up for another rose pattern class and it's by Debbie Kelley. So, I'm looking forward to that. She's supposed to be a really good teacher. I'm excited about having both rose patterns. I'm not sure if we will be doing the work on the actually piece or if we will be doing doodling. Either way, I'm going to work on them while I'm here.

We went to lunch here, and had to pay for it, because it wasn't part of our "time" at Seminar. I had a hamburger at the dinning hall. It was pretty good actually.

We had supper upstairs from where we had our meals last year. I'm really impressed with this years events so far. It's the 25 anniversary of the founding of BDEIG. So, they are doing it up big.

After supper I was "railroaded" into helping out upstairs. I enjoyed it. I was helping collect the embroidery pieces for show and tell. Many of them are going to be voted on. It's awesome to see. They also have a show and tell of the last 25 year, so there is a lot to see. I'm taking photos for the group. Got a lot of them so far today. I'm not going to load them for awhile. If I need photos for here, I'll take them from my phone.


This is the floss I ordered and then I had to buy 10 more! This is $100 worth of floss!! I have money for later, but I wanted to take home $100. Then I went and signed up for the class and that's costing me around $60. So, I may not be bring $100 home. lol That's okay, I'm loading up on the colors I don't have. PLUS I just HAD to have some variegated threads!! We'll see how it goes!


When I finally came back to my room, I started working on my hardanger. This is the one that I got rid of the first one I did and bought the hardanger fabric as well as new threads. I really like this one and it's easier to see what I need to do. Go figure! I should have done that in the first place! LIVE AND LEARN.

So, it's late, but I don't have any classes tomorrow. I'll probably get my floss organized for my class, and call it good. I don't think I need them till Wednesday, so I have plenty of time.

I probably won't do breakfast tomorrow. Really not in the mood for eggs (probably powdered) or pancakes. So, I'm going to call it good and eat the Aussie bites I brought. Better for me anyway.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to sleep in this sleeping bag. There is a blanket here, but I brought a quilt. Phil's sleeping bag is one of those hot ones that sleeps one person tightly! I'm not skinny like he is. lol So, I will open it up and cover myself in it with the quilt over it. That should keep me warm. I didn't get another pillow but I brought mine. So, I'm good!

Okay, need to get back to finishing the star of the hardanger so I can start getting caught up with the HAL group on FlossTube.

Have a great day...Happy Stitching....Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...