Thursday, June 29, 2017

Nice Day of Cross Stitching

This morning I didn't feel like getting up, so slept till 8 am. I was up and ready to go. I had to deliver papers around the neighborhood that had to do with our water system. I finally went out for a long walk around 10 am. I delivered the papers, and then walked up to Trevor Estates to see if Kitty was up in that area. I asked a gentleman if he had seen a Siamese cat in the area. He said no, just a rabbit. I thank him and came on home. I walked about 1.5 miles. It was good to get out there. The sad part of walking up there was seeing a mom with her son, waving bye bye to the dead kitty in the road. She kept look at it trying to figure out how she was going to get it out of the road. Guess I'm happy I didn't see Kitty dead on the road, but still hard not knowing. I'm going to give up now. I've done what I can for finding her. I'll just accept it, that she won't be back. Breaks my heart, but that is life.

I came home and started laundry. Then I worked on my cross stitch.


I worked on the hat as well as the scarf. It's now done. I finished up the 'J' today.


I added the greens on the left hat, hn I worked on getting the 'J' pieces filled in. I have a lot more to fill in but will do the rest later. I'm going to finish up the top of the stocking and get Katt's name on there. Then I'll work back and get the outlining done. So, I've stitch all the way up, now I'm going to outline on the way down. I still have some snowflakes to add as I work my way back done. It's really a lot of fun and I'm finding an end to this. It's actually getting me excited to get it over.

I got my owl ready for tomorrow. I've got quilting at moms and I know she wants to get moving on that quilt. So, I'll piece the pieces on the owl and get it ready for when we finish the borders to add the owl. She wanted me to come over yesterday but I really didn't want to go.

Guess my brother is coming up to see his granddaughter. I'm not sure when he's due, and I really have no clue what is going on. That's how things work in my family. 😄

The weather is in the 70's and is awesome. Comfortable and wonderful to enjoy.

We'll see how things go with my cross stitch. I'm itching to start another one, but I want to finish this one first. It keeps me going and I'm Happy Stitching! - Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...