Thursday, June 8, 2017

Seminar Is Monday

Today I overslept....yet again. Good thing I didn't have to go to Cherrill's but when I called we ended up talking for 30 mins! I didn't get a chance to relax much this morning. I did end up being late for my meeting, but I did get a chance to enjoy a few minutes with Kitty.

I stopped off at Michaels to get some felt. I needed to get on the ball and finish up the needle case. I also stopped at Starbucks to get some Ice Tea. It was funny the gal there told me tea with lemon was good. I didn't realize there was so much lemon! It took awhile for me to get used to the lemon taste, but when I did, it was fine.

Finally made it to the meeting around 11:30 am. It starts at 10:30 am. I did call Rita to tell her I was on my way.

When I arrived, I worked on my cross stitch. I love working on this piece!


I forgot to take the gloss floss with me that I purchased. So, I ended up working on the fins and starting the body of the last penguin. I really love how this is coming along. I showed it to a couple of members who are Instagram with me and they said it was brighter in person. I got quite a bit done. I worked some on the technique that Vonna does. I like the idea of using the needle head to come back up. It does make things quicker. I really like how it goes through the fabric and I don't have the knots that I usually get. I'm going to keep using the wax on the patriotic angel that I'm working on.

Came home and put some laundry in the wash. Then I got my stuff together to work on the needle cases that I need to do. Since Sandy brought me my class information, I told her I would do the needle cases for her too. She stopped by at the shop and gave me my sheets for my two classes.


I made three of them. They are patterns that I got from Miss Daisy Patterns. Check it out at etsy.com. Not a bad price for them either. It was easy enough. Only took about about 30 mins total for all three of them.

Seminar is Monday and I'm almost ready. I need to put the money for each class in an envelope. I also need to add a few more things into my suit case. I am thinking I'll take my cross stitch along in case I decide I'm tired of working on my embroidery. I may need to take a book along to read. Who knows. I have all day Tuesdays to myself. I think Sandy and her sister are in more classes. I may see when I get there if I can get into another class. We'll see.

In the meantime, stay Happy Quilting - Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...