Thursday, June 22, 2017

Finally Making "Head Way"

Today I was kicked out of bed around 4 am. I went on the couch because of snoring. I didn't take my allergy medications. I thought I could get away with it. Guess not. I woke up with my leg hurting, so that wasn't a good sign either. My back didn't like that sleeping position.

I got moving. Took out hamburger for supper, got my BE box ready to go, and headed off to get some Thank You cards at the Dollar store. I stopped off and got several cards at the Dollar store. I even picked up some envelopes. I need to get my Thank You cards out. I want to thank my teachers for last week.

After that, picked up some ice tea at McD's and headed to the quilt shop for our applique meeting. Still need to get used to the fact that we pay for our meetings. Anyway, I worked on my BE Birdfeeder. Only because I wasn't in the mood to do applique.

I worked on the head of a Grosbeak bird. I need to add some more orange at the head, but I'm going to work on this. I am getting ready to add the orange/red that goes on the back. This is really pretty so far. I just hope I do it justice.

Mom called while I was at the meeting. She was in a panic over the Forest Galorest quilt. She was putting it together and realized we missed a block. She didn't know how to put it on. I left the meeting at 1 pm and went to moms. I was going to pick up strawberries anyway, so headed over earlier. When I got there, she had most of the top done, except the borders. I was able to get mom calmed down and we were able to figure out what was off. We had to change two blocks because the nest block was in the wrong place. We worked on getting the corner block with the bear put together.

NOTE: Don't buy this pattern!! It's not well written and it's a pain to see what she means. The patterns are her sketches! They were a pain to figure out! If one does buy this pattern, make sure not to pay over $25 for it. I paid $60 for it, and feel like it was taken!!

Came home and got supper in the oven. Patrick was home and cleaning up the yard. He had a meeting to go to at 5:30 pm. Then he had another meeting at 7:30 pm (now). So, I wanted to get him fed before he left.

While he was off to the first meeting, I worked on the owl for the pattern.

First I had to copy the pattern pieces on freezer paper.

Once that was done, I could cut out the patterns and then iron them onto the fabrics.

Got most of them ironed on the fabrics.

Cut them all out and ready to work on. I just need to cut them out more and glue the pieces so I can applique them. I want to get all the owl done so we can put it on the border and then put it on.

My mageyes showed up today. I'm using this for the embroidery. I have my other magnifier for the scrolls. I have the one with lights and I will use that one for my new scrolls.

Okay, I'm getting stuff done. I'm even getting back to walking. Now Cherrill needs to get out and walk, so she's interested in walking in the evenings, so that makes is easier for me as well. We got another mile in today by walking up and down the street.

This was one of those awesome days, where I could get a lot done. Even helping mom and Cherrill, I'm getting stuff done. I'm looking forward to having a day to myself tomorrow (almost - still have to see Cherrill in the morning). Once I get back home, I'm hoping to get more stuff done. Patrick won't be off tomorrow which made my day (a little).

Back to being Happy Quilting AND Happy Stitching!!

I Made Myself Keep Busy

Not that I planned to do that, but I did make myself keep busy getting things done. Not like I really need to keep busy, but I do need to ge...