Sunday, June 11, 2017

Packed and Ready To Go

Today was a day of getting ready to leave for my Seminar. I loaded the suit case with more stuff, then I made a list of stuff I need to take in the morning, since Sandy was coming to pick up my suit case.

I worked on my packing and worked on cleaning the house. I wanted to leave Patrick a nice clean house. When I don't, he ends up cleaning it up for me when I get back. I thought it would be better if I actually cleaned up my mess and had the house looking clean when I leave. I know how much he likes having a clean house.

Patrick spent most of the day outside in the yard. He cleaned up the trees and did a ton of yard work. Even planted some veggies in the mud. It rained yesterday and the garden was muddy because of it. But at least he got some veggies in the garden. We lost our asparagus this year. It all went to seed. It grew while we were on vacation - which is off because we usually didn't get to pick it till around June or July. Oh, well. At least it can grow better next year by letting it go to seed this year.

Baked some sourdough bread - that actually is gone now. Patrick liked it and ate all but one slice! I will work on my sourdough when I get back. I need to refresh it better next week. May have to do it a few days in a row for a little bit. It didn't hurt the bread today because it raised nicely. I was going to take a photo of it, but when it's half eaten, it's kinda hard to do that.

Kitty came in for a few minutes to get a nap on my lap. She was happy and then left again. The weather is so nice that she didn't want to stay very long. She did bring us another snake today. I think we have had something on our back door every day this week. Even a shrew.

I forgot to show the scissor case that we made for Seminar. This is the kind of scissor cases we made. Each one is different. We made over 120 of them. Dina felt bad that I gave my scissor case to a "newbie" at our meeting that she made one for me. 

Once I felt good about what I'm taking to the Seminar, I decided to sit and enjoy the rest of the day.

I'm happy with how much I was able to get done. I've gotten a lot of the last penguin done. I believe I've got half of him done. The "J" is almost done as well. I did get one of the snowflakes done. I had to because I used the last of that color. I didn't want to throw out the glossy floss because I had a lot left. When I noticed the snowflakes were the same color, I was able to get one done. I really like the technique that Vonna talked about with using the eye of the needle when coming back up. I'm amazed at how much time it saves. I really like the technique! I know some people will say that isn't the way to do cross stitch, but my answer would be - THERE ARE NO RULES! And if there was, I wouldn't pay attention to them. It doesn't matter how we do cross stitch as long as the end result is the same.

That being said, I will probably do more tonight. I won't be working on this for a week or more. I have Seminar tomorrow. So, I'm going to be working on my embroidery and not cross stitch. I am taking my hardanger to work on if I want a change. It doesn't take up much space and I can work on it. I also will take the computer, so I'll be able to check out YouTube for the lessons. I may work on that at night.

So, while I'm having fun at Seminar - Stay Happy Quilting - Happy Stitching!

Day For A Movie

Today we were woken by Sophie. She wanted us up. lol I enjoyed some time with Sophie while Patrick slept. I added some dirt to the plant I...