Tuesday, September 4, 2018

QOV Meeting Day

Today I was up early and ready to go.....or I thought. I looked up at the time and had 45 mins to get to Olympia. That didn't include stopping at the bank to deposit some money....

So, I arrived right on time! I was able to find a seat and was surprised at how many showed up today. Then I realized they were presenting 2 quilts today. That was hard on me. I cried through both of them, remember dad. Both of the men who got the quilts, had served from 21 to 30 years in the military....just like dad.

We talked about how many quilts we needed and what needed to be done. We also talked about limiting where they will be doing the presentations. One gal moved that Thurston County would be the priority. If that's the case, I'm not really thrilled about that, because I live in Lewis County and would like to see more quilts given out around here.

I called Rita when I got home and asked her if she would be willing to get a National group started at her shop. Trouble is we would need to work with the Veterans Museum and see if we could do the presentations there That would make things a lot easier. I'm not sure how many people will be interested in having one here in Lewis County though.


I got my sour dough going. This is a Paul Hollywood recipe and it takes longer to raise. This is going to take a 5 hour raise and then another 8 hours. So, I figure I can get it started tonight and then I can let it raise over night. I can let it raise again from the morning.


I got a few more stitches in last night. I had to take a few stitches out, because I had the same color in two places. I hate the "Aqua" and "lt. teal" because they are so close in color and it gets hard to remember which is which. So, I'm having to try and figure it out. There is an area on the bottom left that I need to redo, but I'm going to leave it and see if it's that noticeable. I started working on the off white tag. So, I'm hoping to get that done as well. I know I need to get moving on the other piece. Maybe this weekend, because I really want to get moving on this.

So, I'm still cooking and Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...