Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Working On QOV Projects

Today I was up and decided to get moving on getting my sewing room set up. You know, when the quilt room is really clean. Then I have to go down and set everything up to get started. So, I pulled the sewing cabinet out and got the sewing machine set up. Then it was pulling out the fabric. Of course, the QOV fabric was easy to find.....but not what I was working on BEFORE I cleaned up my sewing room.....so it was trying to remember where I put the blocks that where already done. Yep, that took some doing!! Then I finally found them.

Now it was time to get started. Of course, Sophie didn't have a clue that I sewed. So, she was like a race horse through the downstairs and upstairs. She didn't know what to think. She was playing all over and checking everything out. I was laughing half the time the way she was going.


I had  more to cut into these pieces. Once I got some of these put together.


Then I cut a few more to make more of these blocks. As you can see, the first block turned into this block. I had several already done, so I had to start from the beginning on the ones I worked on.


These are all the blocks that I had done. I added 6 more blocks to this pile. I need to sew them together after I get a few more done. I will also be moving them around before I sew them together. I like the way it's coming along. I also have another idea for another top. This will be my first top that will go for the Veteran's Museum group. I have another idea for another one. It should be a good start and we can have a couple done in good time. I just have to wait till we get the fabric for the back and batting.

I called it done around 3 pm. Then I got a call from the State asking about the complaint I filed with them in regards to dad. I told her I thought it was done, and she said that was DSHS, and she's with the physicians complaints. So, this is going against the doctor. I emailed her the name of the doctor and the papers that came out of DSHS. That may help.

Patrick got home. So, after supper we were off to the bowling alley. It was time to bowl. The other team didn't show up, so we were done early. I bowled better than Sunday, but not as good as I can. I bowled a 162, 173, and 199. Both weeks I bowled a 199!! Just couldn't get that 200. Oh, well. I dropped 4 pins in my average. I'm okay with that. Not sure if we won any games till the other team bowls.

It was a good day all in all. I am having fun with Sophie. She's a kick! Tomorrow is the quilt that goes to the Veterans Museum. Our group wanted to take the quilt, so it's a group thing. Then I'll pick up mom. Her quilt frame arrived today, so will take that to her.

What a day. I'm glad to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...