Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Enjoyed A Day With Beading And A Friend

This morning I was up and out the door to walk. Sherry and I got in our walking. Then I was in the car and off.

I had my list telling me what I needed to bring with me up to Olympia. But before I headed up there I ordered some sandwiches as Chehalis Deli. I was in SHOCK at having to pay $35 for 2 1/2 sandwiches! It didn't used to be that expensive! I guess I'm not doing that again. I also stopped at moms and dropped off some stars that she finished. She was taking those to Susy tonight.

I got up to Olympia a good 30 minutes early. I couldn't get gas at Costco because I forgot to get Patrick's card. I just sat in the car for a little bit and then I went to my nutritionist. I'm on track. I have some good things going. I lost 6 lbs since the first time I saw her. That's a good thing. We talked about what I need to keep doing. I'm happy with what I'm doing as well. I told her about the potluck on Sunday. She said I did good by thinking about it before picking food up. Trouble is we have another potluck tomorrow night.

After that, I went to Sharon's. We had lunch and then we beaded. Bill was there and he was working in the back room. Guess he has plenty of quilts to work on. I did take him another one. He asked how soon and I told him no big hurry. He's getting surgery on the 4th of June. Funny, that's when I have my doctor appointment as well. I stayed and beaded with Sharon till about 3 pm. I got one row plus some done on the bird beading. It was fun to see what Sharon had done.

I stopped at Ethel's to pick up the quilt for QOV. Then I went to Staples for the white envelopes.

Came home and baked some sourdough.


It turned out awesome! We cut it up and froze some of it. That way I can have homemade bread and not the processed breads. I love it that I can make homemade bread and be able to eat it.

Then after getting everything done and ready for QOV presentation tomorrow. I put the certificates into the envelopes that I bought today. I washed the quilt and have it ready for tomorrow. We have 2 quilts the same, so I think I'm going to hold on to one of those. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

The worst part about today is that I have been carrying a headache with me all day.

I finally sat down and worked on my cross stitching.


I finished the quilt. I noticed that I have a LOT of things I changed the color on. I'll have to figure it out as I go. I just hope the floss lasts for all my changes. I decided to do the outlining. So, I'm getting started on that. The bottom part of this is pretty close to being done as far as the cross stitching goes.

Now I'm beat and ready for bed. Good night - it was an awesome day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...