Wednesday, May 1, 2019

One Of My Busier Days

This morning I was going from the time I got up till 10 pm! It's been one heck of a day.

It started out with me getting ready for the QOV presentation. Then it was time to go walking. Sherry and I got a good mile and then some in. She's getting better with her walking lately.

I left her to get my stuff ready. I loaded up the van and then headed out to get a few things done before going to the museum to set up. One of the first things I did was go to Walmart - yeah, I know, not my favorite place. They now have some gates at the entrance that open when you go through. First time I saw those. Thought I would have to open them by hand, but they opened automatically. I went to get some photos done, but there was a couple of people who didn't know how to use the machine there. They were taking forever. I was trying to help them but they couldn't figure it out and decided they would go to Walgreens instead. That sort of helped me. I got the photos copied that were from April. I need to get them in the album before Faye gets back. lol

Then on the way to the museum I stopped and got a Chai tea from Starbucks. The only problem with that was that it wasn't Chai, it was Green Chai. I took it to Patrick and was seeing green when he took a sip. I was wondering why it was green. He game me a taste and it was like drinking seaweed or something like that. I called the store and told them they game me green Chai and I asked for Chai. So, they told me to come back and they would give me another one. I did, and dropped that off for Patrick. He threw out the other one. Not the best tasting stuff. I will make sure I don't order that! Not very tasty.

I was then off to the museum to meet up with Jim. When I got there, Sue and Jim were both there. We went over the list of veterans that were getting quilts. We had 5 of them. I had them bring us a table and was able to get all the quilts out. We had 6 quilts, so I left one at the museum for next month. I talked with the gal at the museum about my volunteering. She's all for it. Told me she knows volunteers have a life and that they only volunteer, so she's not worried about not being able to be there. I told her I would do one Monday a month and fill in for others. She was okay with that. Then I went back to getting ready for the veterans. I showed Hildi and Ethel how to do the quilts when doing the presentation. It was funny, the veterans would be close to the wall, so they had to tap them to move forward so they could wrap them in the quilts. We surprised Sue's husband with his quilt. It was so much fun. Jim had a blast doing the introductions of the veterans. It started early because they all were early in arriving. They all were very thankful for receiving their quilts and said they thought we were doing an awesome job. We thanked them for letting us do it, and thanked them for their service.

I then went to Safeway to get milk and a few more fruits. Had to pick up my dark chocolate too! Then I was on my way home.

Got home and Sophie gave me a hard time for being gone. I gave her some TLC time and then sat down to watch TV for a few before Patrick got home.

Once he was home, we headed to KFC to pick up chicken for the potluck. I brought a salad for myself and took a piece of chicken out of the box. That way I had my chicken and salad for dinner. Patrick got a few things from the potluck. I did get a small amount of dessert as well. At least I behaved and I could get something to eat. My salad turned out pretty good. I was happy with it anyway.

It was our last night of bowling. So, it was fun night. 9 pin no tap with Monti Carlo. That's when the pins are colored (three pins). Depending on where they come out in the rack, depends on if one gets a "money shot." I won $20 back. (We paid $15) I also bowled out of my tree. I bowled a 259, 290, 288. What fun! I had a good time. Trouble was we ended up bowling with another team that was missing 2 people as well. Fred and Denise didn't come tonight. So, at first it would have been just 3 of us bowling on the lanes. So, we moved to join another team. The team we joined was so slow...slow. We were constantly waiting on them. But they were fun to bowl with, so can't complain too much.

I wasn't able to work on my stuff, but I was able to have a good day. It's such an honor to give quilts to veterans. I've made more quilts for veterans than I've made in a long time for me or my family. Tomorrow is another day, and I'm hoping to be Happy Stitching or Happy Quilting

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...