Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Had Lunch With A Friend

Today I was all ready to go walking and Cherry called to say she wasn't feeling well. So, we didn't go walking.

Instead, I went downstairs to clean up a little and to get the backing and batting cut for Faye. Told her it was done and she was heading over to get it. Meanwhile, I was cutting the binding for my quilt. I wanted to get the binding on the quilt so I could give it to Ethel to work on.

Faye arrived and I gave her the batting and backing for her quilt. We chatted. I also gave her the USA strip fabric to use on the panels I gave her. I have moms stars, so I didn't want to "hog" all the fabric. I showed her what I bought and what we had. Told her to take what she needs. I also told her I wasn't comfortable giving one of our members fabric, because I haven't seen it coming back. She agreed. So, I'm going to stall with that member. I like to see the fabric come back in a top. Georgie loves doing the blocks and she get fabrics for that. But all her stuff, I see the fabrics coming back. I trust her with whatever I give her. She's just loving working on the blocks.

After Faye left I was off to "Jeremy's" for lunch. It has changed a ton since I first went there. The first time I went there, it was healthy kinds of food. Stuff I wasn't sure about eating. It's not like that anymore. I do like the restaurant and may have to talk Patrick into going there sometimes. Denise met me there. We had a really good time. She had an omelet and I had a turkey sandwich. It was really good and Denise liked her omelet. She was like me, she hadn't been there since it opened a long time ago.

Came back home and went back downstairs. I was able to get the binding on my quilt.


I actually did pretty good with the sewing on this! Not my favorite thing to do, but all 3 went down really well. I'm taking one of the quilts to mom tomorrow.


This one turned out really well. I'm proud of this.


After supper, I asked Patrick to help me take photos of the 4 quilts that I'm taking back to the museum to be given out. Now that that is done, I can wait and get photos of the remaining 4. I will need to get 2 more people for June, because right now I only have 4 receiving and I want 6. I'll go down the list to see who's next.

I put the label on my quilt that was done. That's the one that Theresa had be doing the binding on. Now it's ready to be given out.

So, it was a good day for QOV! I can actually say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!=

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...