Thursday, May 30, 2019

Working On Another Top

Today was an interesting day. I actually thought about sleeping in when I woke up. The funny part was I must have fell back asleep because I didn't wake till 9 am. That was different for me.

I headed downstairs to work on a quilt top for QOV. I got back to working on the panel that was up there.


I started with this part - with the white on the end. I only had the 2 sides done. So, I worked on the rest of the border.


Then I put the blue around the inside border. I actually thought I was done at this point but when I measured I realized I had another border to add. Showed Patrick, and he didn't like the last board I put on. He thought I needed to make smaller borders. I asked him if he realized how many smaller borders I would have to do.

Then I realized I was out of the blue. I don't have enough to go all the way around the quilt. I will have to go to the store and get more blue. I took a sample and have it ready. Then Bev called to tell me I missed on the kit I made. I was missing some pieces to put the quilt together. She'll be at the shop tomorrow night, so will leave my bolt with Rita to give to her. I hope its the right background color, but have a filling it might not be.

Okay, back to this quilt. The blue star fabric on the left - I thought it might work - NOPE. I even cut out some red and sewed it on the side - NOPE. Took it out.


I put what I had of the blue by the piece and think that's the way I need to go. I was surprised Patrick doesn't like this. He doesn't like the way I did the last border. I told him a solid color or print wouldn't work right. The photo shows it a little differently with the stars in the print. It looks even more busy in the photo. Yet I think the photo works. Hopefully I can get the blue I need to get this done.

Tomorrow is a busy day. Have to go to Olympia for a blood test. Asked mom is she wants to go up with me. Have a feeling she'll want to stop at Costco. We'll see.

I got the label on one of the quilts. Then washed it. It needs to go to the museum. I may take it with me and drop it off tomorrow. I'll see how time goes.

It's been fun and it's been Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...