Friday, January 26, 2018

A Day With Quilting Friends!

This morning I was up and ready to go. I went to Cherrill's and then got in the car to go moms.

As I was in the car and turned the corner - my cell phone rang. Answered it - Mom - asking if I was coming. Told her on the way, "what do you need?" "Nothing, see you when you get here." UGH

I wanted to stop at Walmart to get some glue sticks before heading to moms. On the way, found out that all the lights in town were out. Got off the freeway and the lights there were out.....drove past Patrick's work, headed to Walmart, and no lights where on ANYWHERE! So, no stopping at Walmart.

Got to moms and everyone was there. Theresa came shortly after me. We had a good time. Bev was talking about how her mother is going to be moving to her sisters.


Mom's dog wanted attention. This dog drives me nuts! Ethel rubbed her belly. She knows I really don't care for her, so she doesn't come around much.


I finished my squirrel. Gave mom both squirrels and the pattern. Now it's a wait and see what she needs next. Bet she will have the tree done by the end of the weekend.

Got a text from Patrick that the "major" power out was from 8:45 am to 11 am. Stopped at Walmart and picked up the glue sticks. Also got some pens as I'm always loosing them.

Got home, got on the computer and worked on my genealogy. Post a few more newsletter articles again. Went through a pile of newspaper clippings to find more family members. I found a few, need to figure out where the others connect to the tree. I've added about 1200 names so far this week. It keeps going and I keep getting "hooked."

Life is good - staying Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...