Monday, January 29, 2018

Brazilian Embroidery And Friends

This morning was an early day. Was up and ready to go. Picked Cherrill up and we were off. Stopped at the bank to make a deposit and headed to Brazilian embroidery.

I was surprised to see 5 others were already there by the time we got there. Only 2 others showed up after us.


I worked on the piece that Bev did. This is one of the two she gave me because she didn't want to work on it. I took the flower out and put it back in (the one in the middle). I need to add french knots. The first one I did, didn't cover the leaves, so working with Phyllis, we changed it a little.


When I turned it over, I was shocked! That's not what the back should look like. WoW! Guess I have some work to do to get this to look a lot better! 

We learned the detached buttonhole stitch from Phyllis. It was easier than I thought. But then I did learn it at Seminar with Virginia Chapman last year. 

We came home, and mom called. She wanted to come over and baste her baby quilt for my great niece. Told her to come on over. They got here and they didn't let the dog down to go to the bathroom. So when she was downstairs with us, she peed on the carpet. I cleaned it up, and after they left I cleaned the carpet with the carpet cleaner. 


Mom and I basted this quilt. It's all done and she's home with it now. I bet she'll have it quilted by the end of the week. 

Life is good, I'm still thinking about what I want to do next. Still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...