Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Some Shopping And Quilting.....

This morning I was at Cherrill's early. We chatted for a little bit. Then I was off shopping.

First stop was the quilt shop. It's amazing how my mother seems to know when I'm out and about. She doesn't call when I'm home and doing squat! She calls when I'm at a meeting, going out the door, in the car, or just visiting. Today wasn't any different. As soon as I was half way into town, the cell phone rings. In WA state, if I pick it up, I get a ticket, so I pulled over. Called her right back, and she was stalling. Asked what she needed and she wanted me to come over and see the raccoons she finished for the quilt. Then she asked a LOT of questions like, "Where are you? What are you doing? Oh, are we going out tomorrow?" etc. I told her I would try and stop by.

Got to the quilt shop to see if anyone was signed up for my class.....NOPE. I posted it on IG today and will post it again on FB. So - If your in town and want to learn Brazilian embroidery, come to my class. You'll finish the piece if not get very close to finishing it. It's scheduled for March 7th at 10 am. Check with Whalen Quilt Works in Centralia, WA if you interested. It's a fun class we'll have a lot of fun!


This is the piece I'll be teaching.

After the quilt shop, I went to ShopNKart's grocery store to see if they had good Birthday cakes. I don't know what the person decorating the cakes was thinking! They were dark, and not very appealing. One looked good, but there wasn't a price and I couldn't tell what kind of a cake it was. So, then I went to Dawn's Delectable's and they only had one cake that was peanut butter/chocolate. So, I passed, and headed to moms.

When I got there, they were still eating breakfast. Then we worked on the quilt. The raccoons looked great and we put them on the quilt so she could applique. Not sure why she needed me to help her with that, but think she just wanted me over there. Realized I need to get my squirrel's done. So, figured I had something I have to do by Friday.

Headed to Safeway and picked up Patrick Birthday Cake - all Chocolate. I'll give it to him tomorrow. (It's in the frig downstairs) The came home.

Cherrill called and we went walking. We got a mile in today. So I'm at about 9,000 steps today. *


Ironed and cut out the pieces to work on. I have three colors for them. I'll try to work on them tomorrow. There isn't a lot of pieces so it should go quick. Then I have to get the pattern back to mom as the tree is part of the pattern. She was missing "part A" which is where one of the squirrels is attached.

Then it was off to bowling. I bowled a 160, 200, 218. So, I did better as I went along. We got done early because the team we were to bowl was out sick. Glad they didn't come because I didn't want to add to the cold I already had. Plus not too crazy about the guy we had to bowl against. We won't know if we won till next week, as they will bowl this Friday. Patrick bowled a 602, so he's still got it. We may win them all - if they don't get their averages. It all depends on them getting their averages plus 4-50 pins depending on the game.

Life is busy for me, but I'm still hanging in there and Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...