Sunday, January 28, 2018

A Good Day Of Stitching And Bowling

This morning I woke to find Patrick on the couch. Guess I kept him up last night. Teehee

I enjoyed some time to myself before Patrick got up.

We watched some cooking channels and then decided to enjoy a movie that we had on the DVR. We pulled out a Gregory Peck movie about finding gold. I really enjoyed it, but the video of the movie had some weird filming going on.


Patrick's roses are really pretty. They are actually peach color but the red table cloth makes them look yellow.


I got quiet a bit done for this piece. I'm happy with the way it's going, but the floss seems to be running out on me. I may have to go look for it in the DMC stuff I have. I'm getting to the ribbon on the side.

The frustrating part of this piece, is that no matter how many times I check my counting, I can't figure out how I got off on the blue around the dress. Not that it really matters, but I can't figure how my counting is off. It doesn't line up right. I guess I shouldn't worry about it, but it does drive me crazy. No one will figure it out, but I do like to have things close to "perfect" as I can. Trouble is, this one just won't line up right for me. I don't know if I got off when I started it on the bottom or what. I could take it all out and try again, but I really don't want to do that.

After the movie, it was time to go bowling. I bowled pretty good. I got a 209, 165, 190 for a 564 series. That helped e go up a pin. My average is now 171. It's going up!! Maybe I'll caught up to my average on Wednesday. We won 3 games. We lost the 2nd game by about 100 pins and thought we were done for. But then we all picked it back up and pulled it out. Patrick beat me by 4 pins in series. We tied in the second game and I beat him in the first game. Then he went and bowled a 218 to my 190. UGH.

Life is good, and I'm ready for tomorrow at our Brazilian embroidery group. That is going to be a good day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...