Friday, May 20, 2016

Getting Back On Track...

Today I started out getting a little more sleep then usual. I worked on MTurk today. Then I played a few games.

I didn't really feel like doing much today but trying to keep on track. So, I did do some sketching on my book that Phil and Emily game me. I started a picture, but will work on it as I feel like it. I also was thinking about what I would put on dad's quilt. I found a logo of his military unit and will see if I can copy that to a block.


I noticed that the pole is a little short from where I needed it. I will work my best at getting the body to cover it. If I need to make a little fatter body, I may just do that. I have the other part of the pole to do next. Then I can get the flower and body on the block.


Last night I worked on the body of the bird. I'm really liking the way is is coming along. I do like working on the bird. I have two birds that are in that area.


I've filled in a few more areas. I have more to do on the left side where the hanging basket is. I also have more where the flowers are as well. I'm getting up there. There is more in the middle between the flower and the bird house. I will work on that as well.

I did not work on the contest block today. I was so tired of what I was doing yesterday that I decided to just wait till this weekend and try and finish it. I have to mail it by the 1st of the month.

I went for a mile walk this afternoon. I needed to get back out there walking. Now that Ruth is back, I'll be walking in the mornings again. I seriously need to get moving. I gained weight and need to get back down. I've got a good 10 lbs to loose.

Other than that, today was one of my lazier days. I really need to get moving! I'm going to work on the cross stitch again tonight I think. I can work on dad's block but think I'm more in the mood for the cross stitch right now.

May we all be Happy Quilting!

An Interesting Day Before Thanksgiving

Usually today is prep day. But this year we are going to my parents for Thanksgiving because dad wanted to do the turkey. I'll miss not ...