Thursday, May 12, 2016

Enjoyable Day At Applique

Today I was up and ready to go. Trouble was, I didn't have to leave for awhile. So, I worked on MTurk for about an hour. I was off to the post office and then to McDonald's for their ice tea. I get a large ice tea (no sugar) for when I go to meets. It's only a dollar, so I'm not spending an arm and a leg.

I got to the meeting a little later than I usually do, but I was okay with that. Sat next to JoAnne and we had a good time chatting. Hard to believe - I actually got a lot done!


I took my baskets with me. I had about 4 of them in the bag. I actually finished 2 1/2 baskets. The one with the leave didn't get done, but I needed to cover the space. I saw one of them is an embroidery block and I may do that one tomorrow. I'm not sure. I may work on my eagle tomorrow or even the contest block. I'm really liking how the contest block is coming along and I want to show it, but can't for a little while longer. I also sent the information to my group in case any of them want to do the block contest.

If anyone is interested in the block challenge that "Council Quilt Show 2016" has, then you can send $3 for the fabric to the Council Quilt Show Block Challenge, PO Box 238, Council, ID 83612. I probably shouldn't tell anyone about it to make it so I have a better chance of winning. Then again, a good challenge is a good thing! I used to enter a lot of block contests back in the 1980's and 1990's. I won a few.

I put the cross stitch away for right now. I want to get moving on the eagle and the blocks. I'm finally back to doing the appliqueing again. I want to finish the cross stitch but I need to work on the eagle for dad even more!

Our meeting went great. We only had about 8 people but it turned out okay. We had three of us stay till about 2:30 pm. By the time I got home it was time to get ready to fix supper. At least it was a good day of Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...