Saturday, May 7, 2016

Spring Cleaning - And Not Quilting!

This morning I woke early. Funny part is that I was reading about sleep problems, and I counted waking up 7 times! lol  No clue why I was counting last night but apparently I was. I'd love to get a good nights sleep again. It's been at least 5 years since I've been able to sleep the whole night!

We decided on going to a movie at 12:10 pm today. So, I figured I could work on my crafts.....NOPE. Patrick wanted to put the ladder in our "blue room' where we keep our paper, mail, pens, etc. We put the ladder where we had a couple of shelves. SO, we ended up cleaning up the shelves, removing them and putting them away. We went through the cabinet that had my cook books, papers, pens, etc. We didn't get it all done before going to the movie, "Mother's Day." I do recommend the movie! It was actually really good.

We went to Walmart to turn in a "Recall" hot pot. It took awhile to get 3 different supervisors to help with the recalled hot pot. THEN I went to get another hot pot...guess what was on the shelves!! The recalled hot pots!! I couldn't believe it. They are taking the recalled pots, but they are also still selling the hot pots! Not safe!

When we made it back home, we went back to cleaning out the cabinet. I had several papers of recipes that needed to be put away. Patrick gave me the papers and went and got a folder to organize the papers in. They are not in an order, but they are in the folder. So, if I get more, I'll just put them in the folder. Found a Rum Cake receipt that looks like the one I've been missing. I'm going to try it out this week.

We through out a lot! We also have a box full of stuff for a garage sale. I'm not sure if Ruth will have another one, but we now have things to sell AGAIN. Every year we seem to get rid of more stuff. It's amazing what we have been keeping!


Last night I was able to get more stitching in. I have been filling in some areas that I didn't have done. I'm working my way past the half way point. I even got the right side up to where the butterfly is to be stitched. I may work on that tonight.

I found more letters that need to be typed up. I'll try to get a few of them done today as well. Those letters have a lot of information on them.

Even thou today was more cleaning then crafting, it makes me feel good to see less crap in the house. I've gotten to the point where I don't have a problem getting rid of stuff. I can't take it with me. But I can enjoy it - till I get tired of it.

Loving my flowers, relaxing, and looking forward to being Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...