Monday, May 30, 2016

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Today I was up and ready to go. At 7:00 am I was off walking with Ruth. We walked a good 2.75 miles today. I even had my 10,000 step in before noon today. All thanks to Patrick. When he got up he asked if I would help him clean up the branches he cut down yesterday. We went out and cleared the yard. It took about an hour.

After all that, I took the plant that was my great grandmothers and re-potted it. I put it in the spot where it will get better lighting. I just hope it makes it. We had it growing when we had it. I took it to moms last year and t started dying again. Hopefully I rescued it. Time will tell.

I got some bread going in the machine to take over to my folks. We went over to my folks to enjoy the day with my family. Mom and dad had ribs. My brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew where there as well. We played games and had a good meal.

Last night I worked on the embroidery for the Baltimore Liberty block.


I didn't get much done, but I did get the two flowers done. This is on both sides. I would have done more but didn't know if I had the floss to do the firecrackers. I did find a color that will work out okay, and I'm going to do it. Then I can get this one on the "finished" list. I also worked on the freezer paper for the eagle. I'm still thinking about how I'm going to do the eagle. It has a lot of feather work on it.

Today was a day away from home again. This week is pretty much at home now. I can't wait to see how much stuff I will get done this week! lol

I have family to thank for fighting for our country. At least 2 of my family lost their lives fighting for us. Jackson Wineland lost his life in the Civil War. Thank you, Jackson, for your service. I'm sorry you had to loss your life before you had the chance to enjoy life.

Loving the work I've been doing lately. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...