Saturday, November 11, 2017

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

Today, I'm going to do something different. Today my life doesn't matter for what I did. Today it's about the Veterans in my life and family.

So, THANK YOU, to my friends and family who have served this country.


Great grandfather - John Wineland - Civil War Veteran.


He was injured in the Civil War and was in a wheel chair most of his life.


Great grandfather, James M. Hodge. Civil War Veteran.


Family member - WWII soldier.


Emma Study - WWII.


Another family Veteran (thinking Matheson).


Ed Study and friend - WWI or WWII. (don't have my records handy)


Great Uncle - Orville Matheson - WWII - dead 6 months after coming home. He had a brain clot due to bombing around him. Was part of Patton's army.


WWI - not sure if this is a Study or another family name. Handsome man.


Wayne Matheson - a cousin.


Uncle Bill Taylor. An awesome man! Very much missed.


My father, Myron Taylor, with his father, Myron Taylor.


I believe this is another "Study" family member.


My father and my Uncle Bob - who served in 1960's.


And of course, this is my family - My father, Myron, mother, Shirley (who supposed my father all through his 26 years in the AF), my brother Chris, who served 9 years, myself (didn't serve but would have if the cards would have changed), and my brother, Patrick, who served 20 plus years ending as a Col.



And last but not least my husband. 

Oh, I did miss one - my cousin's husband - Mike Foley - who I do not have a photo of. If I did, I would have posted it. 

To all those above and those how served with them, THANK YOU! We have a life to be thankful for all you have done. We need more people like you, who care enough to serve. Those who have served are proud and believe in our country. 

This is why I'm honored to be a part of Quilts of Valor!

Life is good, Life is hard at times, and Life may be taken, but Life keeps going. There's bowling tomorrow but I hope to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...