Friday, December 7, 2018

Another Day To Myself

As I type this, I'm wondering if I did my blog last night. I'm thinking I didn't.

I had today and yesterday to myself. I guess you I look back at yesterday and today, I really didn't do much.

I did work on my Christmas cards. I have written in the ones I'm sending. I still have a few more to go, but I'll get these out while I can. Patrick will do his tomorrow.

I did go see how Cherry was doing. She's doing good. I've just missed not going over in the last month.

I kept busy with laundry - yesterday. Today we didn't have water from 9 am to 5 pm. So, what is it about water? When you know you have water, you don't need it. You don't use it very often....you just don't think about it. Then you find out you don't have water....that makes you want water! You think about washing your hands, and oops, no water. You think about cooking, no worries, till you put your hands in the mixing bowl....then you need the water to wash your hands. Good thing I had some water bottles with water. I could brush my teeth and wash my hands with that little of water. Yes, I've been through this before. I learned from my father (as a kid) how to save water and use what you had. So, it brought back a few memories.

I did TRY to make some sourdough bread....it bombed. I think the weather had something to do with that as well. UGH. I did do another bread - regular this time - to be able to give to the neighbors. I told them yesterday I was doing sourdough, so chances are that's the reason it didn't work out!


The neighbors got half my bread. lol - I wanted some bread too! It turned out really well. It's airy. The sourdough tasted good but was dense and not so good with raising. So disappointing! I'll have to use the yeast next time if this continues.

I did get some stitching done on the quilt yesterday. I'm close to having one side done. 

Gifts are coming in, so I'll wrapping them as they come in! Even though we won't have a big Christmas. Just the two of us. But we still have gifts for others that need to be wrapped.

I'm going to be back to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...