Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Went To See Mom Today

It was one of those days. Mom was wanting me to show up because she thought I was mad at her. I wasn't, I'm just busy and she has a hard time with that.

I left and went to the Library to drop of some donations as well as one of the CD audio books that I finished. I'm going to try and finish another one so I can drop it off tomorrow. I think the other CD that was on hold was at the Centralia library, so they are transferring it to Chehalis. I really want to stay home and listen to those as I work on my beading or cross stitching.

After the library I went to the museum to put the certificate with the quilt that will be given out on Saturday. I found out there was a gal that donated quilts to the museum and she was upset with QOV. I'm not sure what happened but she told him they would donate the quilts somewhere else. I guess she said she contacted someone in QOV about the quilts and that person didn't return her calls. I'm not sure who that was. I do know there is another group around here that claim they are QOV but they do quilts for veterans, NOT QOV. They tell everyone they are part of QOV. I know they are not and I correct them when I see them. But that doesn't seem to work out. So, when I got to moms I worked on contacting the gal to let her know we need to know who made the quilts and that I would love to work with her. NO reply so far. It's a wait and see.

Mom and I were putting binding on quilts. She was working on my nephews, and I was working on the quilt for QOV. Then we pulled the sewing machine out, and put the binding on the other quilt for Ethel to do. She pulled out the quilts that she wants to get basted. One of them was Katt's white on white.


Came home and worked on my beading.


I added 4 more rows. I'm now at row 60. It's coming along great. I do like the way it's coming along. I think mine is just a little brighter than Sharon's.

I put my bread in the oven. I'm not sure but I think I didn't use enough water in the dough. It cracked before it even went in the oven. I'll have to work on it better next time. I know what I did wrong.

Now I'm planning on working on my cross stitching. I want to get more done on it as well. That will keep me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...