Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Back To Sewing....

This morning I was ready to go walking but Cherry wasn't feeling good. We decided to post pone the walking till about 10 am or later tonight at 6:30 pm. She called me at 10 am to tell me it would be this evening.

I decided I needed to get downstairs and get a couple of panels done for our September presentation. If I could do that, then we can honor all 8 Veterans. If not, I will have to post pone a couple people for later. I really didn't want to do that, because we have a lot to do in October and November as it is. Which meant I needed to get busy. I hope Sue was able to do some this summer but thinking she didn't get the chance.


I needed to get moving on this one. I had it planned at this point.


But then I ran into the part where I sewed the wrong way. I wanted the red on the outside and I sewed both sides with the red on the inside. So, I had to take that out.....ugh. One of the reasons I don't sew! This is for a good cause, so I decided to take it out and do it again.


Once I had the border on, I realized I needed another border. I couldn't believe it! Plus the size was more wide then I wanted. Oh, well. I added the solid blue border with the stars in the corner. Those are moms applique stars. It worked out okay. This will go up to Bill on Monday. I have a doctors appointment on Monday and another one on Thursday. So, if I get another one done by then, I can take it up. We need 3 more panel quilts, so this puts us done to 2 more. Faye is going to do one and I've got the next one ready to work on. Just need to think of how I'm going to do it. I liked one I saw on Pinterest that has strips at an angel. I'm going to try that. I just need to figure out how I'm going to do it.


In the mean time Sophie was going all over the place. She climbed up on my cabinets and was checking it out up there. I don't think she liked all the plastic up there, so she came down.


Once the top was done, I needed to work on the binding of this quilt. I got 2 quilts back from Bill through Faye. So, I was cutting the sides so I could sew the binding on.


Sophie wouldn't let me. She kept moving every time I moved. She wanted TLC - which she got all day long! Anyway, I finally got her off the quilt and was able to put the binding on. I'm going to take this to my daughters and work on it. I need to have it done by our next presentation. I may start binding it tomorrow when I go to quilting.


I waited to hear from Cherry and then walked over at 6:30 pm. She had a visitor, and he didn't leave till about 8:30 pm. So, I came back home and decided to sit and enjoy working on my cross stitch. I am almost set up with the stair step method and then I'll be on my way with getting this going. I have been feeling a lot better about this piece and I'm happy with the way it's coming along.

So, today was a day of sewing....not my favorite thing....but I did start to enjoy it after I fixed my mistake. I find it "necessary" more than fun. Can you believe it, I don't like to sew - but I will for a good cause or if it's something I really, really want to do. Go figure. And even then I have to be in a good mood or I'm pulling my hair out! - and there isn't that much hair left on my head!

It was a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...