Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Having A Wonderful Birthday!!

Today started out getting Patrick to take me to Starbucks before he left for work. We went over to Starbucks which is about 4 miles away. I had a free drink or food coupon. We went over and got a doughnut and drink. I had him drop me off on Jackson Hwy, so I could walk the rest of the way home. That was a good 1.5 miles. I had a good walk. 

Came home and decided to get moving on my desserts. I made a jello dessert as well as cupcakes. 


I made some cool whip frosting to go with it. The cupcakes tasted great. 

I also worked on my family history. I also copied another letter, which I need to post. I added a few photos to the tree as well. I found a gal that had information on my family tree, but wanted to know where she got the information on who "his father" was. I'm getting closer to knowing a little more about my family. 

I then worked on MTurk again today. Wanted to get some more money in there. Patrick got home and and we went out to eat. I like going to McMenamins for dinner. They do have good food. It's a little on the expensive side but it's good food. 


Just before Patrick got home my gift arrived from my daughter! I love them!! She knows me well! I love it when she send me Disney stuff! I'm still a kid at heart. She was busy at work today, but we did get in a little chat today. 

I worked on the eagle last night. I have part of the pole down. I'm finding I should have started with the pole in the first place. Oh, well. I have a few more ideas for dad's quilt. I need to figure out if I told Bev I'm doing 10" or 8" blocks. Once I do that, then I can start working on the other blocks that will go with the quilt. 

I was just enjoying my day today. I got a lot of texts from family and friends wishing me a Happy Birthday. It goes in line with Happy Quilting!

An Interesting Day Before Thanksgiving

Usually today is prep day. But this year we are going to my parents for Thanksgiving because dad wanted to do the turkey. I'll miss not ...