Thursday, June 15, 2017

Day 4 of BE Seminar

This morning I was up before a couple of my roomies, which really surprised me. They are usually up way before me and I'm up at 6:20 am.

I went down and had breakfast with Sandy and Jeanette. We had a good time. Funny how we seem to end up waiting on one of us to get moving - me included. They are a lot of fun to be around. We then went to class. We had a class with Mendy (can't remember her last name, will check on that).

This is my "doodle cloth" from the class. We were taking the class to do the "Sunshine Valentine" pattern. There is a book out on this. It's really pretty.

We first worked on the stems and leaves. Then we worked on doing a drizzle button hole stitch (think that's the name). I normally call it the "dreaded button hole stitch." Anyway mine didn't come out so good.

Looks like a BIG mess! I'm going to take it out later and redo it. I'm also going to practice on this before I put in on the design.

I decided to make different leaves on this piece. So, I've got to make one more of the spiked leaves and then I'm going find the other kinds of leaves and put them around this piece. Wonder if I can find enough different leaves that I don't have to repeat one of the patterns. Will be interesting to see.

Then we went to lunch. There were 3 hot dogs left when I go to the table. It was funny. We were late getting to lunch and everyone was seated and eating. Sandy and Jeanette got their meals, with a burger. When I went up there Debbie Kelley was waiting (with bun ready) for a burger. There wasn't any in the tray. BUT there were 3 or 4 hot dogs and 2 of us took a dog. I went down to eat my hot dog and ate half while Debbie was still waiting. I had to go up and ask if she planned to wait all day (laughing). She said that had happened one other time. They told her it would be 3 mins. It was more like 10. Then they brought up a big pan full of more burgers and dogs. By that time we were all done and heading back to classes (except us). I took a patty and ate it before we headed out to Acorns & Threads.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that shop!! Acorns and Threads had all the patterns I have been wanting to get. So, I bought 3 patterns and a couple other things. I forgot my bead list, so I'm going to send her an email to send me the beads. I fell in love with the place. Trouble is, it's in a high traffic area. It's hard to get back the way we came. So, with GPS directions, we left the shop at 4 pm. Supper was at 5 pm. Now, this is only 11 miles from the college! I couldn't believe it! We had to go up the street and turn around. Then we followed the directions. Then it asked if we wanted to cut 3 mins off our time, said us. We then had to turn onto another busy road to get over on the LEFT side to get to the freeway. We pulled over there, and a taxi was so nice, he let us in. We turned on to the (I think W 216 freeway). Once we were on there, we had to merge again. Then it told us to stay LEFT and go on I-5 N. Well, we stayed left, but it took us off the freeway. So, it re-figured it again. We had to make a U turn and get back to the freeway. That actually saved us time in line on I-5. We then got across the water and came to the campus the back way. Not a good neighborhood, but we finally made it back with 5 mins to spare. It took us 50 mins to go 11 miles!! I couldn't believe it.

After supper I went down to Sandy's room and worked on my fairy. It has to be done tomorrow afternoon. Not sure I'll make it!!

I need to add the eyes, mouth, fix the hair, put a flower in her hand and put the wing on. I'm not reall impressed with her, but this is a quick job!

Now it's late again, and it's time to call it a night! So, May we all be Happy Stitching - Happy Quilting!

Day For A Movie

Today we were woken by Sophie. She wanted us up. lol I enjoyed some time with Sophie while Patrick slept. I added some dirt to the plant I...