Sunday, December 2, 2018

Gift Wrapping Today

This morning I enjoyed an hour or two of peace and quiet. The Patrick woke up. lol

We then pulled out the gifts. We bought wrapping paper at Costco along with a few gifts. That means Patrick wanted to have them all wrapped and ready to go. Not sure what the hurry was, since we are not having a tree. With Sophie only about 3 years old and wild, it wouldn't be too smart to have a tree up. She'd be in and around it, like no ones business. We wanted to get dad and Katt's gifts wrapped to be mailed in the next week or so. I still have to try and get Katt's black and white quilt done.

Then we went to Dan's mom's place. They are cleaning it out and getting ready for a huge garage sale. They want to have the house on the market and the garage sale at the same time for an open house. We went to check out the sewing table his grandfather made. They offered it to me, because I quilt. His mom did a lot of stuff like I do. They had all the sewing stuff in boxes, and I really didn't want to go through all those boxes. I did pick up a case that I was hoping would work for my feather weight sewing machine but it wasn't wide enough. I'll use that for when I go to retreats. It has rollers and that will be great. I will see if any of my boxes go in it, and if so, then I'll be able to organize it better. As for the counter, it's perfect. We decided I would take it, and when Dan is there again, Patrick will go over and take it apart, to bring it back to the house. He's thinking about taking the counter I have now and putting that in the garage. When we do that, we will clear out the sewing room, and most of downstairs, so we can get new carpet in the basement. I'm okay with that. I will be going through all my stuff and getting it more organized. I like the cabinet that Dan's grandfather made, it has a lot of draws that are the right size. It will work great. There are some open shelves in the middle too. I can fill those up with books. I might even put my unfinished quilts in there too. It will be fun to see what I can do with it. The counter is the perfect height.

Came back home to watch the SEAHAWKS WIN! While they were playing I sewed the quilt top together. It's not the best, but it will do. I've seen worse, and I wouldn't have done worse! I have a couple points that are not so much, but the rolls worked.


The blocks are all done. I added a 1.5" border of white. The next border is going to be a 5.5 piece that will have blue on 2 borders and red on the other 2 borders. Then it will be done. I'm hoping it's laying right. I'm almost questioning it lately. At least I could get these blocks done. I won't be doing this one again. It's one of those blocks that if you do them, you need to do them all in the same day before putting them into a quilt. If you go a day or two and come back to work on it, it doesn't work like it did the first day you worked on it. They are not perfect. This is not a perfect quilt, nor is it a bad quilt. It's a quilt that could have been done better but acceptable as it is.

I talked to Hildi and told her if she puts her friends name in for the quilt, we can give him a quilt in January. So, we have three people that will be getting a quilt. The one she submitted is one that got lost in the system. It's a request that was a year or more old. So, this way he can get his quilt.

Then it was time to go to Walmart to pick up a few things. We picked up a gift for Sophie as well as picking up some peanut butter chips. Safeway didn't have them. It's all for the clusters I'm going to make. It's all done in the crockpot. I will do them either Friday or Saturday, so I can add them to my gifts for bowling on Sunday morning. We didn't get the flea medication or the wash clothes. The wash clothes they had were so thin. AND the flea medication was EXPENSIVE.

Then we went out to eat. Afterwards it was time to go bowling. Of course, I didn't bowl so good. I don't know what it is about Sunday night, but I just can't bowl worth beans! I bowled a 161, 164, and then I bombed with a 149. So, that dropped my average another pin. UGH!! We won 2 games, lost the total pins by only 3 pins!! Both of the teams handicap was the same. So, we had to bowl "scratch" in order to win.....guess I messed that part up!! Didn't even get my average once.

Tomorrow is another day. I'm getting back to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...