Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Decided To Try New Things!

Today I slept in for a little bit, then I headed over to Cherry's to get caught up.

Came back home and decided to make some English Muffins. I've never made them before, so I was learning. I did some kneading and shaping. Trouble was I needed corn meal and some cutters for the muffins. So, it was a run to WalMart, and as everyone knows, that's not my favorite store. The good news is that there wasn't as many people shopping as usual. So, I was able to find a few things I was going for. Actually only 2. I wanted some good cutters, but ended up getting plastic ones. Not happy with them. Then I got the corn meal. Couldn't find the "refined sugar" or "icing sugar" but realized the icing sugar is powdered. That was easy enough.


They turned out pretty good. We made breakfast sandwiches for supper. They turned out really well. Patrick is going to give the final decision tomorrow when he has one for breakfast with jam. I got the recipe from Paul Hollywood's page. I really do like them.

Then after supper, I decided to bake one of Mary Berry's pastries.


It's her easy Bakewell tart. You can get the recipe at Mary's page. I was checking out all the other recipes as well. Not sure how it tastes yet, but looks good. I did mess up on the crust, but it still tasted halfway decent.

I'm going to get back to Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...