Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Spending The Day With Mom

This morning I was up and ready to go.

I started out by hitting 2 banks, stopping to see Sandy for eggs, and the to moms. I figure we would spend Wednesdays together. I want to enjoy her while I can. So, when I arrived, we headed out to Walmart. She needed batteries for her car key and I needed to pick up a "Chromecast" for the TV. We got what we needed then headed over to Micheal's. She heard there was a quilt frame there. She's really wanting a quilt frame for when she is in Las Vegas. I reminded her that one of the quilt ladies offered her quilt frame to her already - which turned out to be the same one. If all else fails she can go to Las Vegas and pick one up there at their stores.

After Micheals, we went to lunch. From lunch we went to AT&T to get her discount for being military. She had to show her ID. They gave her 15% discount. That really helped her out!

We then went back to her house and for the next hour I quilted.


I was able to get more stitches in on this quilt. It's coming along. I think it will be good to go every Wednesday to see mom and quilt while we watch different shows. It gives us time together. I do enjoy sitting in dads chair and quilting.

Came home and Patrick brought home some pizza. I didn't get any quilting or stitching in today. I worked on my genealogy. I found a few more things on my "LITTLE" family. Then my program gave up on me, so I had to un-link it to Ancestry and re-link it. Trouble is it gives me two different trees. I need to find what I added in ancestry that didn't upload. I'll have to work on that. I added a few more while looking at it. I'm hoping I'm not loosing a ton of stuff! I did notice I'm up to 10,017 names so far. So, I'm doing pretty good with adding more names.

I got Netflix set on to go on the TV, so I'm happy about that. I will be watching shows while I'm stitching tomorrow. Not sure if I will do the stitcher's sampler or if I'll work on the SAL tomorrow. Still trying to decide what I'm going to take with me to Clarkston to work on.

How was your day? Do you get to spend time with you mom? Does she do handwork? Some people tell me I'm lucky to have her.....I hope you are to. Would love to hear what you and you mom or Aunt do. Keep up the good work and be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...