Friday, August 24, 2018

Another Day of Quilting With Friends

Today I was up and ready to go. It was time to get out the door to moms. I wanted to get there before everyone else because I wanted to see when they actually arrive.

I arrived around 9 am and was surprised no one was there yet When I arrive around 9:15 am they are all there. Today, they didn't arrive till after 9:30 am. And even then it was only 3 that came. So, we had a small group. It turned out pretty good.


Worked on the corner area. It's the second corner, I believe. I looked at the back and I'm not even close to being half way. I THINK I'm about 1/3 of the way done. I was getting a little confused and had to check the back to see what I was doing. Then I realized I was close to the corner and decided to work of that and fill in as I go back across. Working at an angle is confusing compared to working straight lines form the top to bottom. I thought at one point I didn't do it right, but the realized it was okay. Didn't want to take any out. - No one really likes taking stuff out.


Mom was working on Zac's quilt. It's almost done. It's looking good.


I took my garden blocks and fabrics to moms. She's going to do the last block I need to finish this. I'm doing the (11th) extra block needed. These are the colors that mom's going to use. I wanted a pink and yellow, but she didn't have pink. So, we went with these colors.

Came home and pulled out some ribs for supper - hoping they would be thawed by the time we had to eat. I tend to forget to take meat out of the freezer. I seem to have my mind on a lot of things, and taking dinner stuff out is not one of them.

I added a couple recipes to my recipe book that has the favorite recipes in it. I added the last two things I made. Now I'm watching a show on English baking and getting good ideas/

When I shut this down, I'm going to get over to my chair and work on my cross stitching. I'm actually glad I was able to do some quilt related things. I'm really happy with the way this week turned out. I'm still in some pain with my mouth. Come to find out, it's my tongue that is in pain. Not sure what they did to me. Over all, I'm still really happy with what I got done. More quilting done, more cross stitching done, and more time with mom.

How are you doing? Happy with your week so far? Why not? Tell me all about it.

Life is worth being Happy - Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...