Saturday, August 25, 2018

It Was A Full Day Of This And That

What a day! From getting up, going for doughnuts, to Toledo's tracker show, and out to eat. What a day. Busy and yet I still had time for cross stitching - woo hoo!

This morning I was up and in the living room while Sophie stayed on the bed and slept longer with Patrick. Patrick slept in and Sophie didn't get off the bed till he got up. That was unusual and disappointing! She usually comes out with me and meows for 5 mins. We have a good morning of TLC time - NOT today. She did come for her TLC after Patrick got up. Then she took off to play.

We got ready and went to the doughnut shop in Centralia. It's a bakery that does nothing but doughnuts! They are SOOO GOOD! We bought three of them. Mine was huge! I didn't eat it all, had to leave some for tomorrow morning!! We bought some milk to go with them and headed to Toledo.

We headed back down the road to Toledo which is south of us. We got back on Jackson Hwy and went to the Airport in the Toledo area. On the other side of the airport is where they had the tractor/thresher show. We usually go about every other year. It's been going on for over 50 years. People bring their tractors. We watched some tractor pulls while we were at it.  We walked around and some of the sellers were selling stuff that was a little high for "junk" and left overs. We stayed for about an hour and headed back home.

We couldn't decide if we wanted to go to the movie and then dinner or pick apples and go out to eat. We picked the later. We were out picking apples off the tree. Patrick even climbed up in the tree and got a few more. Hard to believe he got up there. He did need a little help with a bucket to get up the tree, but once he was there, he was moving around. Not something I would do. We got 2 1/2 buckets of apples. We'll be giving some away. I'm going to do some baking tomorrow to use some of them up. I did use one apple and start a sourdough. It should be interesting to see how it comes out. I'll let you know.

We headed up to The Outback and had supper. It was pretty good compared to the last time we were up there. I had ribs and lobster. They had a special. I didn't want a steak. Ribs seem to be easier to eat lately.

We stopped at Safeway one the way back for tomorrows meal. Then we finally made it back home.

I worked on my cross stitching - finally!


One can't see it, but I added more white. Since the back is white, its had to see what I did do, till more gets added around it. I have only been able to get an hour or two in at a time. But every little bit helps.

So, even though I have busy days of going, I can still find time to work on my crafts. I'm in love with what I do, and I'm so Happy to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...