Friday, December 23, 2022

One Would Think......

 ....after blogging close to 15 years, that I would be on it! NOPE. Instead, I woke at 4 am and again at 6 am reminding myself I missed my blog. That's fun - because trying to go back to sleep is so hard! 

So, here I go with YESTERDAY'S blog - at 7 am! 

I was able to get up early enough to get my stuff ready for the potluck at Stillwaters Estate. QOV members were invited to have a potluck for the Christmas time. I was working off the seat of my pants! I had completely forgot about the potluck and didn't work out an organized program. So, I grabbed my table clothes that Faye fixed for us. Then I grabbed the shrimp I got from Costco. Not only that, but I had to get the plates, cups, plastic ware, and tea. I went to pick mom up and take her over as well. She brought the coffee pot and hot pot. We moved tables around and got them in the arrangement we needed. It turned out great. We had 20-21 members and spouses show up. It was nice to have all the members that work hard attend. It started at 11 am - but they didn't start showing till about 11:30 am - which worked for mom and I. We had everything laid out and ready by the time everyone arrived. We were done by 2 pm. Left the table cloth with mom to wash since there was a red stain on it. 

Came home and sat with Patrick before getting supper started. He had bowling, so I needed to get him feed and out the door. Gave him a list of stuff to pick up at the grocery store. Good thing he went when he did! He said there was only 3 bags of flour left on the shelves. He brought me both bread and AP flour. He bowled a 645 series last night. All 200's. 

While he was bowling, I was beading! I had to get my ornaments done!

I decided to leave this one alone. 

I finished this one last night. I worked on the top about 4 times. I started it 3 times and ended up taking it out as I worked it. I didn't like the way it was coming along. So, I finally figured out what would work. 

It's not as tight around the center, but I am okay with it. I do like the way that is done. I will try and work on better ones. 

Then I took out the top of the Santa and sleigh ornament and reworked it. I like this a little better. The old one was too "pointy." It made the corners of the panel stick out. I like a smooth connection rather than a point. I will have to try and make Kim's ornament fit on the ball. This is a smaller ball and I'm wondering if the Santa's I did last year, need to have smaller balls. It's hard to find this size. 

Once all that got done, Patrick was on his way home. There were 3 people missing on his bowling teams, so he was done sooner. I got busy with my exercises. Then I called it a night - forgetting to do by blog! Go Figure!!

My day turned out to be a day where I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...