Friday, December 30, 2022

One Heck Of A Day!

 This morning both of us were up early. Patrick wasn't going anywhere, but I was. It was time to head out to moms. She had asked me to come over today on Tuesday. I told her I would let her know. I couldn't find another day that would work for me. Ended up going. Even though I needed the day to work on my beading. 

I did a few things before heading over there. I got there around 11 am. Mom had a couple things she wanted to do first. I gave her 3 more quilts to work on the binding. Then we headed over to the Gathering Place to baste part of the Hawaiian quilt for Bob. 


We got one quarter laid out and then started to baste it done. 


Remember, this is a 120" square quilt. It's really pretty. I love the work. Trouble is, it took us 4 hours to get this much done. We will bring it back next week or so and work on getting another quarter done. Each quarter is going to take about 4 hours to baste. Not my favorite job. Mom had it so wrinkled that it was a little hard to find the lines to work with. We got them and we worked on it. It's coming along. Mom has the center done, so after I left today, she said she had started on the heart area. 

Came home and had to get supper going. Not what I wanted to do. We eat and I had to get moving on the tassels for the ornament. Patrick thought I could get it done in about 30 mins - SERIOUSLY!!  I told him I needed time to get this done for Sunday. He said I had plenty of time tomorrow and Sunday. I reminded him that I have a cake to bake and we are due at Nick and JoAnn's by 3 pm. Yeah, I'm going to get all of it done tomorrow (in his dreams!)! 

I pulled out the box of beads and started planning on what I wanted to do. This wasn't as easy as I hoped because some of the beads I used in the past I didn't have. I need to order or get more beads to be able to put these together. I'm going to need to get more, because I have more ornaments to work on. UGH!


From 6 - 10 pm tonight, I worked on this. I took 30 mins off to do my exercises and then I finished them all. I was about to start working on the panels - cleaning up the strings. BUT I had to check a few things on the internet. I need to get this done and I will try to get it done while baking the cake. I will also need to work on getting the cake put together as it comes out of the oven (poke cake). 

Of course, Patrick had to ask why I went to moms when I should have stayed home to finish the ornament. I told him I didn't have another day for awhile and she would hound me to come over to help her. It's just easier to go and get it over with. She will start to hound me next week to get over and get another quarter done. 

In the meantime, I am working hard at trying to get this done. I'm close! It should take another couple hours for the top. Then the tassels go on and that takes about 10 mins each one. For a told of an hour. I believe I'm looking at another 4 hours of work. I just hope after all this, it's done for Kim by Sunday night. If not, I will be working on it at the bowling alley!!

My day was one heck of a day! Too much needing to be done, little getting done! Oh, heck, at least I can honestly say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...