Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Trying To Get Back On Track

I wasn't able to do my blog yesterday. I wasn't feeling good last night. So, I will combine yesterday and today. 

Yesterday we were up by 7 am and out the door to Kaiser. Patrick had his pet scan and I had my doctor appointment. Then we came home and got moving on the holiday stuff. Patrick decorated and I worked on wrapping presents. We had a lot to get done. Patrick pulled out the ornaments that I have been doing over the years. There are 5 of them. So, I guess I've been doing them for the past 5 years. One is a cat one, so that's not Christmas. 

Then I got to work on getting this years ornament done. I had to get moving so that I have them ready. I still have to work on Kim's ornament as well. I do have till the 1st to get that one done. 

I don't like the way the top worked out, so I may redo it. I will decide after I get the next one done. It won't take long, it's just a lot of work. 

This morning we were out the door by 7 am again. I got my exercises in and was out the door. Patrick had his MRI today as well as a doctors appointment. He had to get his blood drawn and the doctor advised him to get the COVID booster. So, he did that too. While I was waiting on him for his MRI, I got my X-ray done on my hip. Bob thought I had brucites.  The good news is I don't. My hip looks great. Trouble is, I'm in pain, so that's interesting! As for Patrick - it doesn't look good. He won't be going to get his immunization on Tuesday after all. We have to go see his cancer doctor instead. 

We were able to get the appointments done early and headed to Costco around 10 am. We had lunch there as well. We picked up some stuff for Christmas day. Got shrimp for the potluck tomorrow. I don't know how long it will be but it's just a get together. Should be fun!

Came home and worked on cookies, peanut brittle, and some chocolate "crack" from the crockpot. I think I'm ready now. Katt will be her Friday and she's going to cook a lot while she's here. 

After all that, I finally sat down and worked on the second ornament. 


 I got all the dangles done. I will put them on after I get the top done. 

I got the panels together, and started on the top part. I like this so far. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow after I get back from our potluck. It's coming along. If I like this top better, I think I will cut the other one off and do it on that one as well. 

After 2 full days of being none stop busy, I was still able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Anne Kirby said...

Lyn I'm sorry to hear Patrick has to go back to the cancer Dr. Praying for a positive outcome.

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...