Friday, March 29, 2024

Almost Three Weeks.....

This morning Patrick went golfing. I slept in for a while.  When I got up, I took my shower and got the cream on me to help with the left over burns from the tape. By the time I got done, I was wiped out! I sat and played games for a little bit. 

My SIL called and we chatted a good hour if not more. Patrick came home at the tail end of the chat. It was fun chatting with her, since Patrick likes to take over the conversation. Made me feel good. 

While we talked, I realized it's going to be 3 weeks since surgery on Monday. It's still sore and I'm still low on energy. Frustrating at times. I wanted to heal fast and move on with life, but this has really kicked me in the butt. Frustrating, tired, and just "ugh" at times. I know this will end, but man, it's not moving fast enough for me. I have lost 10 lbs so far. I'm okay with that, but most of that is because I'm not hungry. I'm working at it. Doing what I should do, but yet, I'm still not strong enough to do more. Instead I tend to do other things that keep me quiet and frustrated. Can't win. 

So, then I played games. Patrick took me out walking and we made it around the neighborhood 3 times. Debbie dropped off a drink from Dutch Brothers which was really good. She couldn't stay and chat. Then mom called and asked if Nancy and her could come over. Told her sure. They came for about a half hour. Mom dropped off a puzzle for me to work on. I may have to do that. I can't seem to do anything else. 

After a while, I thought I would work on my beads for the berries. 

I got very little done. It's the center berry. Then I noticed one of my leaves has the mirror coming loose. I may have to redo that one. I will decide if and when I get the rest of the beads on here. I seem to be stalling for some reason. I guess that counts for trying to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...