Friday, March 1, 2024

Enjoying The Morning With Mom And The Quilters

 This morning, I was up and out the door. I had a couple things I needed to do. I even went to get some pen refills at Staples to find out I got the wrong one. PLUS, one of my favorite pens couldn't be opened to put a replacement in it. So, that didn't help. I may need to get another one tomorrow or wait till the next time I go. 

Went to moms and there were 6 of us. Ethel didn't make it. She's been going through a few things lately, and since she's in her 90's it's understandable. The rest of us sat and worked on our stuff. Plus, we chatted - like the old days! Quilting Bee's. 

I reworked that leave I didn't like. I took the first one out and got this one done. I like it a lot better. Then I was going to do the stems. But couldn't decide if I wanted to do the small stems first or the bigger stem. Hate that. So, the more I look at it, the more I think I will do the bigger "thicker" stem first and work off that to get the smaller ones done. Once I do that, then I will be putting the beads on and calling it done. 

Had to wait at moms till 1:30, then stopped at JoAnn's to give her the 2 bolts of fabric she needed for pillow cases. She showed me her quilt top she's working on, and I really like it. She got all that fabric from Diane that I gave her. A big black bag full. Can't remember what bag that was. Oh, well. 

Then headed to see Phil on my way back home. Gave him a hug and said hi to Emily. 

Patrick was home. He didn't go golfing. But he did go to Franz bakery to pick up some stuff. He had a big box full of doughnuts, cookies, and bread! lol He also came home with cream pies. Don't think he plans to share those!! 😋

I was just glad to be able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...