Thursday, February 29, 2024

Back To Work - 4 Finished Quilts

 This morning Patrick went golfing. While he was gone, I started laundry, vacuumed, and took my walk. I started doing my exercises in the morning again. I did realize that I will not do the one where I am on all 4's. Those brought back the pain in my hip. Told Patrick I wasn't doing them again. Walking is my best bet and I have been doing that. Walked 5 laps today. Not quite 7 but it was way too cold. Between the wind and the rain, I gave it up. 

I played games again this afternoon. BUT I did pull out the quilts that needed labels. I still need to get 2 quilts ready to be quilted. I can take one to the church or I can give one to another member. I will wait and see what I will do. 

Before I show the quilts, I have a "funny." At least some people would think so. I was telling Patrick about the toilets at Kaiser. I told him they had a "lip" that I was wondering what it was for. Since he worked in Waste Water, I assumed he would know. Wouldn't he?! Well, when we went yesterday, I took a photo. Good thing no one was there, because that would sound funny if I heard a camera going off while in the bathroom. As I took the photo, someone did come in, but left before I was done. lol 

So, I showed him the photo. He couldn't figure it out. Said it might be some medical reason for those. It would be fun to see what it is actually used for. Maybe to keep stuff from being put down the toilet. SEE, it's funny! I can't figure it out and it's a TOILET!! Oh, well. Maybe some day I will find out. 

Let's get back to my quilts. 

Connie Carter made this one. She did both the quilting and the piecing. This is the 3rd or 4th quilt that she has made like this one. 

Kristi made this one. It's small! I told her I would send them back! Oh, well. It will be one of the smaller quilts that we will give out. When we have enough, they will be done at the same time. 

Linda Nelson from Grace Church made this. It's really pretty! 

Joann Wisner and Connie Carter did this one. it's still from all those kits for blocks mom did. It's pretty cool to see them all done. At least when the cutting is all the same, it's easier to get done. 

After I finished this post, I found there was one more quilt that needed a label. 

Valoree Gordon's quilt that Colleen Hill quilted. This was dropped off and I left it at the front door. So, when I went downstairs to get the bolts of fabric for Joann, I found this. Of course, I needed to finish it. 

Have a list of things to do tomorrow. It's quilting at moms tomorrow. Need to give Joann some fabric and will go get it now before I forget. lol 

I'm just glad to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...