Saturday, February 3, 2024

An Enjoyable Saturday

 This morning Patrick was up before me. When I finally got up, I played a little while on the tablet. 

Around noon I took a walk around the neighborhood, which was 6 times around. Not bad, getting better. I just wanted to listen to my book while I was walking and each time I got to the house, it got more interesting. 

When I came in, I fixed us some French Bread for lunch. I didn't want to have the bread for supper. It turned out pretty good. Patrick needs more food to make him gain weight instead of losing it. I don't know how he can eat so much and then turn around and lose weight instead of gaining it.

After all that, I decided to get all the labels on the quilts in the back room. I need to take them to the presentation on Thursday. 

Connie Carter has been busy. She made and quilted this one. 

Another one of Connie's but she let another quilter quilt this quilt. 

Colleen's sister Catey made the top and Colleen quilted it. 

Connie comes up with some really pretty quilts. Those feet at the bottom, of course, are mine. They are the cancer socks my daughter bought for me. They say, "Dear Cancer, You picked on the wrong Bitch." The Dear Cancer is on the left and the rest is on the right. I love them!

Joanne Wisner and Connie did this one. It has a Marine block, so we will give it to a Marine. 

After I was done with those, I went back to my cross stitching. I'm really enjoying working on it. 

I am almost done with the dove. I am also starting another stair step with the dove and the background. I do like who it's coming, and I have been filling in the missing spots as I move up. I will feel better when all the spots are filled in. I spend a couple hours on this. I was able to get a good 200-300 stitches in. Which ended up being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...