Monday, February 12, 2024

Always Enjoy Friends

 This morning was embroidery day. I do enjoy going to embroidery to be around good friends. Cindy and Sandy were already there. It was odd today though. Cindy didn't talk much so we were wondering what was going on with her. Sandy and I worked on our class embroidery pieces. Cindy left and Sandy and I chatted for another hour. 

Sandy started out with the thicker thread. I believe that was Lola. I started with Lola yesterday and when I took everything out, I started with the Iris that was supposed to be for that. I like the Lola look compared to the look of Iris. But I decided to just keep going with the Iris thread. I am thinking I'm going to take out the first one I did. (Bottom right). Those are mirrors in the inside. My mirror on the first one was showing the edge and I didn't like that. Plus, there are a couple places where I was stitching that didn't come out right. 


At times I wish I could just leave it alone and keep going, but that's not how I was taught by my grandmother and mother. If I didn't like it, I was to take it out. If I did it wrong, no matter where it was, I was to take it out. They were good teachers. This is the 4th leaf I was working on. I got half done this evening. 

After the meeting, I headed to Connie's to drop off quilts and chat. Then I headed to moms. 

Most of this afternoon I was with mom and on the phone with USAA for her insurance. She couldn't get on the website. We ended up on the phone with USAA for a good hour to an hour and a half. I was able to help. Mom couldn't hear them, and I had to relate to her what they were asking. The first gal, I think, thought we were trying to get into someone else's account. She got a supervisor, who asked 3 security questions. Mom couldn't remember her word code and that started off with the security questions. I had to listen, shake my head no, and then say "yes" for mom to answer. She passed the security questions and then the supervisor said I was already on the account to be able to talk to. When the gal got back on, she asked what we needed, I told her, and she send me to another guy to help us. I started to ask a question and she had transferred me before I could get the whole sentence out. I couldn't believe it! The guy we did get was awesome and he took care of the issue. By the time I got home it was 4:15 pm. 

I can be thankful that I had good friends to talk to and was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...