Friday, February 9, 2024

Started Out Quiet - Got Busy After

 This morning, I woke after Patrick left for golfing. I woke to a dream where my younger brother had passed away. No one can go back to sleep with a dream like that. 

I ended up having to give TLC to Sophie as she meowed till I sat down. I played a few games and the Patrick got home. He was watching his "Love Boat" shows. So, I came in the computer room and worked on a few things. 

Then I remembered I didn't post yesterday because there really wasn't anything to post other than talking about the QOV presentation. I was fun to be back with the group. I did get a lot of hugs. We had 8 veterans receive quilts. The other 2 veterans decided they didn't want a quilt and I talked to the gal that works in the area where they live. One is a WWII veteran. I told her we would be willing to go to their place and give them a quilt. I don't want them to go without. She said she would talk to them, but she can't force them. I agreed with her. I thought maybe it would be easier if we go to them. 

They all were fun! We had a good time honoring them. I will try and get their names on here later. 

I came into the computer room to work on getting the expenses and donations done for our group. Once that was done, I went through my files and got rid of a few things that didn't need to be in there. I cleaned up box for taking with me. Then I worked on Brazilian embroidery stuff. I had to send the information to the new marketing person. I had Instagram and Facebook stuff that needed to be done. I also wanted to transfer our Facebook page for QOV to Alli. Trouble is I think I have it part of my account and can't do that. So, we may have to close it and start another one that is easier to get to. Major pain!

Debbie stopped by to cut the batting and backing for me. We had 2 quilts that needed the backing and batting. And I needed to cut some for Connie but I'm giving her the end of the bolt on one of them. I am going to try and drop it all off on Monday. 

Patrick and I decided to go out for "date night." So, we went down to Castle Rock to Papa Pete's Pizza. It is a long drive but not as far as Kelso is. We got there to find out it would be 45 to 50 mins before the pizza would be ready. Patrick said, "fine." I was surprised because he knows I hate to wait. But we both were hungry for their pizza. We took their menu and have it in the car. That way when we want to go next time, we can call ahead and it would be ready sooner. It was really good. They have the small pepperoni that gets crisp. Patrick like the crust, but I would like just a little more dough to it. It's like crackers to me. 

Came home and wasn't home long when my cousin from prison called. We chatted about the family, and we even added another wife to one of the family members as we were going along. 

Now it's time to call it a night and I'm done. I don't know if I will be able to work on stuff tomorrow either. I have a game I need to be on at noon tomorrow. lol At least we aren't going anywhere. 

I'm hoping, tomorrow, I can be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...